MKIV sight adjustment screws... WTH

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ethang

Blackhawk
I just picked up my first MK4 and went to sight it in... 6 inches high and 7 inches left. Then I went to adjust it. Why in the heck does Ruger make the screw slots so small.. I have a Brownells Master screw driver set and only one fits the windage screw and non fit the elevation, I had to use a knife blade. If Ruger is going to make them this small include a sight adjustment tool. That said, I am really liking this thing. Love the 1911 grip frame. Why did I not buy one before now...

contender

Ruger Guru
It's hard to make an adjustable thing,, using bigger screws,, and still keep the sight profile "fit" things.
I have screwdrivers just for adjusting sight screws.

^^I have a set of 'micro-drivers' that handle this fine BUT it's a one time deal for me--set and forget. Actually, I only have one Ruger 22 pistol with the rear sight still in place.:rolleyes:

rem58sport

Bearcat
Yep, my new to me MKII fooled me first time out too. I thought my Chapman tool set would be all I needed. I considered it an "Old Dog new Trick" lesson.

Ethang

Blackhawk
It's hard to make an adjustable thing,, using bigger screws,, and still keep the sight profile "fit" things.
I have screwdrivers just for adjusting sight screws.
they don't need to make the screws bigger, just a wider slot in the screw they use...

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
I have seen allen head screws offered for sale for MK4 rear sights. From what I have read that Ruger used two different rear sights on the MK4 over the years. Wirthwein Guns has a lot of parts for MK4 Rugers for sale.

CHEVYINLINE6.