MKIII Hunter Rear Sight came off

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gudel

Bearcat
I have the Hunter, couple weeks ago the rear sight came off after shooting a brick. I centered the sight, and screw it on tight with red Loctite. The tip of the little screw touches the top of the barrel assembly inside the dove tail cut.

I went to shoot another brick today, and it's drifting again. It seems to drift to the right. Should I put the retainer screw to the left of the dove tail cut on the barrel?

How can I fix this?

chuckles

Bearcat
If I am understanding you correctly, the entire rear sight, base and leaf, is sliding out of thedovetail? That sounds to me like a Ruger repair. Hope it works out for you and let us know.

gudel

Bearcat
yes, the entire rear sight came off. well I don't think it's worth shipping it back at my cost with UPS unless I get couple of free mags. I probably just going to get a red dot for it.

RedlegM109A1

Single-Sixer
Call Ruger. They will likely send you a prepaid shipping label. I have red dots on my Mark IIIs and love them, but iron sights are nice as a backup. What if the Red Chinese cut off our supply of rare earths for batteries like they did to the Japanese last year? :lol:

Latest posts