MkIII 22/45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bulldog1946

Bearcat
FTF Help. I have 4 mags.Last wk everything was fine.Now I put a mag in,and maybe the rd won't hit the feed ramp.This is happening with all 4 mags,and not just the first rd.Maybe 5 out of 10.Can anyone help?

bulldog1946

Bearcat
The ammo was the same batch I used last wk. I did field strip and clean it. I took apart each mag and cleaned them again.Put 5 rds in mag,made sure 1st rd was pointed up,Chambered,2nd rd hit the feed ramp.Ejected,next 3 rds,fine.So what else can I do? Thanks

Precision32

Blackhawk
Did the mag springs get put back into the mag the right way? If put in backwards it can tilt the follower. This can cause a problem. Don't ask how I know this. ;<)

bulldog1946

Bearcat
Hey Guys,First,thanks for the input.2nd,The good news! Last night I aquired a MIII 22/45 Hunter,Target model,as close to lnib as you can get.Well the first thing I did was load a mag&and release the slide.Clunk.Rd hit the feed ramp!Got new ammo this am.Both guns feed without a hiccup. So,bad ammo&stupidiy=FTF. Again,Thanks for the input.

Solution seems TOO easy. Manually cycled ammo should feed regardless unless it's damaged or way out of spec. If the ammo worked previously,no reason it should fail to feed properly later unless some mechanical cause was introduced.
Maybe it's just me but I see a lot of problems caused by "disassembly and cleaning". I've shot Ruger 22 pistols for decades and have NEVER disassembled a magazine except a damaged one I salvaged for parts.