MKII Mag Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Alphonso

Bearcat
Howdy all. I picked up a MKII Government Target Model last week. It would not cycle twice in a row.

After some reading here I learned that the problem was that the mag lip was touching the ejector. I put a thin shim on the mag to keep it from seating into the mag well quite so far and then shot several hundred rounds without a single problem.

I know that on the MK III one can adjust the mag to ejector fit by fiddling with the mag release button.

Although my gun is working just fine now, I'm not too happy with the glued-on shims that I had to put on the mag. Is there a fix for my MK II that is more elegant than the glued-on shims that I used?

Thanks in advance...

reakin

Single-Sixer
Factory mag or aftermarket? I'd try a new mag. If that helps, toss the old one. You can try bending the lips a little, but too much will cause other feeding issues.

reakin

with a pair of "flat" needle nose pliers you can "adjust" the lips ( sides) of any 22 rimfire magazine.......go the direction you need to ( either squeeze a bit closed) or 'open' up (widen) if the shells do NOT lift up and out properly...do NOT over do, takes very little to go either way.....very simple and easy, could have done it already in the time it takes to type out this reply............lots going on with any magazine and takes time to "learn" which are good ones or bad.....

Alphonso

Bearcat
berettapistols":3131ik06 said:
I just can't figure were your glueing a shim to make the magazine sit lower in the frame??...

I glued a thin shim on the "top" of the plastic mag base--one on each side. When the mag is inserted the shim is between the pistol's frame and the mag base, causing the mag to sit a bit lower in the frame.

It works very well, but it makes the mag difficult to lock in...