MkI standard value.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Acorn

Buckeye
I'm trying to be good but today I stopped in a local pawn shop and spotted a Ruger MkI 4-3/4" standard in 98% condition with an extra mag for $224 asking. I have a couple MkIIs and a MkIII but no MkIs. I dislike the MkIVs.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Not much of a collector myself, but some A54 guns bring amazing prices. Trouble only lies in finding excellent condition or ANIB examples. There seems to be no great shakes finding 1950's beater/beaten guns...

RSIno1

Hunter
Ruger MkI 4-3/4" standard ??????

MK1 has adjustable target sights - Standard is basic gun with hammer adjustable for windage rear sight. MKII and up had standard & target models

Cookster

Bearcat
Hello Acorn,

The Ruger that recently caught my eye is actually a 'Standard' and not a 'Mark I'.

Although it may be in slightly better condition than the one you are looking at, it has only one mag and no box or manual.

As you are probably more of a 'collector' than I am for this type of Ruger handgun and it might mean more for you to have it than me, send me a PM if you may be interested in it and I will give you the shop's name and number. They are good peeps and would prolly ship to you at a fair price.

Regards,

Rob

P.S. - While a worthy endeavor for sure, being 'good' is no fun!

Acorn

Buckeye
I'm certainly not an expert. It just caught my eye. I stopped in this shop and they had 3 Rugers that interested me. The Standard a LCR22 for $299 and a 10" MkII for $425. I have no idea if those prices are in line.