Mk IV 22/45 bites the finger that fires it!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

plinker49

Bearcat
I'm looking for a solution to my finger biting Mk IV that doesn't involve grinding down the trigger. The trigger's sharp rear edge snags the skin on my trigger finger just behind the first joint. Shifting my finger pad position helps but too often I relapse into my natural grip and get bit again. I've temporarily addressed this by wearing a golf glove on that hand when at the range but I'd prefer another solution. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TestEngineer

Bearcat
I can only see that possibility if you're using the factory trigger. Try an aftermarket trigger that removes most of the pretravel. The start position of the travel should prevent your finger from being close enough to be pinched.

Mine pinches me, too. Haven't found a reasonable solution.
Well, actually I have a solution but it involves removing a bit of material from the frame behind the trigger and rounding the edge of the trigger cut. Might not be acceptable for some users.

Last edited:

hittman

Staff member
This is the first I've heard of the dreaded finger bite or pinch on the MK4. Many have it on LC9, EC9 and LCP.

Is this just a Ruger thing? And Why?

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
I would call or email Volquartsen, Tandemkross or Wirthwein guns and get their opinions. They sell aftermarket triggers and probably have a fix for you.

CHEVYINLINE6.

hittman

Staff member
I wouldn't spend a dime on it.
Ruger can fix it or admit they can't.
If they can't ….. put a sell in it.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Maybe tape the trigger itself....
p.s. My Mk IV Lite doesn't bite... probably because I put a Vol complete kit in it.... VERY NICE modification.
J.

I've got a 22/45 Lite. Is it the trigger shoe or the frame of the gun? I've got to say I haven't had this problem.

If it's the trigger, can't you take a fingernail file and sort of just smooth it over a bit? That wouldn't cost anything or even take 10 minutes to do.