MK-I Bi-Centential model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Nogunsmith4me

Single-Sixer
I bought my first pistol, MK I in 1976 and it was a Bi-Centential model. I would never sell it but was wonderring if there was any collectable value to it because of the stamp on it saying "200th year etc"? Still in great condition, maybe a little muzzle wear from a holster.

Nogunsmith4me said:
I bought my first pistol, MK I in 1976 and it was a Bi-Centential model. I would never sell it but was wonderring if there was any collectable value to it because of the stamp on it saying "200th year etc"? Still in great condition, maybe a little muzzle wear from a holster.

Normally, Liberty Rugers only command a small premium, and then, only if they're pristine.

Of course, there are exceptions, especially if a feller needs a certain Liberty model to round out a collection. Then, we're all guilty of spending just a little more of our kids' inheritance. :lol:

A Liberty MkI, or a Standard Auto, that has been obviously shot and carried, commands shooter-grade prices.

WAYNO.

Nogunsmith4me

Single-Sixer
So what would a " shooter grade "price be in case I decide to trade or sale? Its always been to "whippy"for me with the pencil barrel.

Nogunsmith4me said:
So what would a " shooter grade "price be in case I decide to trade or sale? Its always been to "whippy"for me with the pencil barrel.

Pencil barrel? Sounds like it's a Standard Auto, not a MkI. MkI's have a heavier barrel, and adjustable sights. 200 bucks is pretty ballpark, +/-, depending on condition.

It's a great gun.

WAYNO.