Miwall 357 Mag reloads

Help Support Ruger Forum:

This is a question from a member who forgot his password and got locked out until such a time as he is able to do what is necessary to get back in. I'll pass any info from here on to him.

I picked up some old Miwall reloads...357 160gr +p+ Hunting load (1400 FPS / 696 ft-lbs per Miwall). I believe Miwall considers them more like today's +P but they don't have any stats on pressure. I wondering if you think the Police Service six will have any issues with the load...I know they are stout but want to be mindful. I was planning to shoot a few rounds in my Service Sixand my 77/357. Ruger only speaks to SAAMI specs and everything is good with +P.

Thoughts?

Enigma

Hunter
As you probably know, Ron, there is no SAAMI spec for .357 Mag +P+ (or even +P) ammo. They are loaded to whatever pressure the manufacturer considered appropriate at the time. The Ruger Speed/Security/Service Six revolvers are similar to the S&W K-frame revolvers, which are not suited to an extensive diet of even standard magnum loads. Shooting a box of them probably won't destroy your gun, but it won't do it any good, either. I think that I would pass, in this instance, and maybe shoot that ammo in a Blackhawk.

Latest posts