Mini14 Scope

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gig

Single-Sixer
The Mark AR is no doubt a fine scope although lacking Leupold's "gold ring" lifetime warranty.
Some have made mention of the mini lacking in accuracy, and if speaking of a NIB mini, I will not argue the fact.
I don't know it the mini could fully take advantage of the BDC system; therefore I for one am not willing to trade the added weight for the 400-500 yd shooting instrument.

Sig685

Single-Sixer
Good point about lifetime warranty. Let me tell you that you pay a great deal of money for that lifetime warranty at purchase. We have been so conditioned to expect that service that we simply forget that such things are not free and impact the purchase price of a riflescope.

If you were to do the same for say a car, the price of a $30,000 car would be $50,000 or more. The manufacturer has to inflate the purchase price to pay for the waranty items.

I would be much happier with a 5 year warranty and a much lower purchase price rather than paying for a lifetime of the same scope.

But if a lifetime warranty is critical to you, then so be it.

gig

Single-Sixer
Concerning the Mark AR the warranty is not the critical thing to me, its the weight.
Personally I am not willing to add the weight of the BDC system to a NIB rifle that many have spoken of in a unfavorable light in the long-range accuracy department.

Nikon and Leupold both have excellent warranties. And the best thing about both is they carry over to any owner.
IMO this does give both an added degree of resale value; but places them on pretty even ground with respect to the warranty.

SIG, would you like to add your stipulation of a limited warranty to the list?

Come on now YOU mini 14 shooters.....If you do have and enjoy the mini, what are some of the things you would like to see in the "perfect" mini scope?