Mini Thirty Tactical Rifle

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
http://www.ruger.com/products/miniThirty/models.html

5854.jpg

The Mini Thirty® Tactical Rifle
Announcing a new model of the simple, rugged and reliable Mini Thirty® Rifle, the Mini Thirty Tactical Rifle. Like all Ruger® Mini Thirty rifles, which have been extremely popular since first introduced in 1991, the Mini Thirty Tactical allows shooters to fire the 7.62 X 39 round in an affordable, quality, American-made auto-loading rifle. The Mini Thirty Tactical has a blued 16-1/8" barrel with flash suppressor and comes with a black synthetic stock. The rifle weighs approximately 6.75 pounds, has an overall length of 37.5 inches, and is shipped with one 20-round magazine. The sighting system on the Mini Thirty Tactical includes an adjustable "ghost ring" aperture rear sight and a protected, non-glare post front sight. Patented Ruger scope bases are machined directly into the receiver and can never shoot loose. A set of Ruger scope rings is included at no charge with each rifle. Side ejection of cartridge cases easily clears the lowest-mounted optics, and a patented recoil buffer helps protect optics from damage from repeated firing

gunman42782

Hunter
Although I have owned a bunch of Mini 14s, I have never owned a Mini 30. This looks interesting. The wheels are turning!

Al James

Hunter
I just left the Ruger website and I like the looks of this rifle. The barrel looks nice and heavy too so it should shoot well! I think that I will buy one!

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
It does look to have an extremely heavy barrel, VERY GOOD.
Compare it with the standard 30 pics on Ruger site, big difference.

Blackmore

Blackhawk
Frankly, I wouldn't buy a rifle chambered in 7.62 x39 that couldn't shoot cheap ammo. Cheap 7.62x39 is either non-corrosive and steel cased (manual says no-no) or corrosive Yugo brass cased (questionable in a gas gun).

TRanger

Blackhawk
Blackmore said:
Frankly, I wouldn't buy a rifle chambered in 7.62 x39 that couldn't shoot cheap ammo. Cheap 7.62x39 is either non-corrosive and steel cased (manual says no-no) or corrosive Yugo brass cased (questionable in a gas gun).

I think this rifle looks interesting, but agree it should be able to shoot the inexpensive steel-cased ammo. Otherwise, it loses much of its appeal.

yotesmoker

Bearcat
I intend to hold off till I find out what the diameter of the bbl is.If it's the same as the ranch rifle I'll have to pass.It looks like a thicker bbl in the picture but pictures can fool you.Believe it or not my mini 30 is at my gun shop for the 8TH TIME.I mean that I've sold and bought it back that many times.It's a love hate relationship.Love the gun but hate the accuracy.It's driving me nuts.I've got a colt AR in 7.62 that shoots 1 inch groups at 50 yards with iron sights with my 74 year old eyes but I don't really like AR's.Sorry for the rant but like I said that 30 drives me nuts.I would really like a mini 30 thats semi accurate before I take that trip to the big gun range in the sky.

jmsfmtex

Bearcat
I will wait until those, that just have to have something new, pick this one up take it to the range. I wish Springfield brought their cost down.

You can shoot cheap commie ammo in the mini-30. As with most things in life the blurb about not doing so from Ruger is just a way for the lawyers to cover them....

there is a possibility that you might break a firing pin shooting ammo with hard primers.... but they are easily replaced.

BRL

Single-Sixer
I have a Queston in reguards to (blume357)'s comment concerning firing pin replacement. I have replaced my Mini-30 hammer spring with a Wolff extra power spring so I can shoot steel cased ammo. If the firing pin were to ever break, is there a way to purchase a new one without having to go through Ruger. I'm asking because I have cut down my barrel and permently attached a flash supressor that I don't want the factory to touch, or even refuse to touch. (I also removed that stupid warning from the receiver).

fossils and guns

Single-Sixer
This gun is not for me but it is very cool. I'm glad Ruger is giving the Mini 30 it's due. They finally got the higher capacity magazines and now a tactical rifle... nice.
A couple of years back I was beginning to wonder why they would even keep making the Mini 30...

38/357

Bearcat
its about time Ruger finally see the Light , wondering why AK's an SKS 's are passing them up , they finally useing there head and makeing the Mini 14/30 the way people wanted and begging them for years. THANK YOU RUGER.