Mini-14 love

Help Support Ruger Forum:

PeterCartwright

Bearcat
I took my 83XXX Mini to the range yesterday to test a few rounds from a case of PMC ammo purchased over Christmas break. I was pleased to see that my gun does just fine with it. This is a box-stock gun, with it's factory receiver sight. My 56 year old eyes aren't up to match grade work, but 50 yard, bench rested, 3 shot groups fell consistently into 1.5". Given a utility grade trigger, I'm not sure what more could be asked of the Mini.

PC

56-210

Bearcat
A trigger job really helped mine/me...I recently purchased a TRUGLO Red dot and have yet to get some rounds through it with that set up...(Flu) One of the best choices I've made in a weapon purchase... :D

Mark

sargents1

Single-Sixer
56-210":33jvsl6u said:
A trigger job really helped mine/me...I recently purchased a TRUGLO Red dot and have yet to get some rounds through it with that set up...(Flu) One of the best choices I've made in a weapon purchase... :D

Mark

+1 on the Truglo red-dot. I just mounted one on my Mini 14 with an Amega Ranges scout rail and I have to say I am pleased with the Truglo. It's your basic Red Dot: it has 11 brightness levels from 1 (almost invisible during daylight) to 11 (bright enough to see against snow in bright sunlight), the elevation/windage adjustment knobs are metal, the housing seems rugged and the dot itself seems to be a true 5moa. Once you set the brightness to the appropriate level for your light conditions, the dot is a nice crisp circle. And the lense covers are decent see-thru type.

I am going to get another for my shotgun and see how well it holds zero, but so far with my Mini it seems to do the trick for 59.99$

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
I love my minis. Seems in vogue to talk crap about them but they are the AK's of the smaller caliber world. They work in other words.
I have one of mine with a shorter Busnell Trophy dusk to dawn 1.75x3 power scope and love it.
I mostly leave it on 1.75 magnification for field of view and it is terrific in low light conditions.
They are about $50. Chinese. Great optics. These Chinese scopes have come a long way.