Milwaukee? Beach vacation?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
Trying to think of a small summer vacation idea. I would be driving and want to keep it under six hours one way so started to look around. Never been to the great lakes so thought maybe? I do like oceans but currently live in the midwest.... Anyone have any input on a beach at the great lakes by Milwaukee? Or pointers about the city there? My kids are teens so this may be the last "family" vacation.
Open to all input.
Thanks,

Taterman

Buckeye
Not sure about the beaches, but if possible try to go at the time of Milwaukee Fest. It's huge and they always have great bands throughout.
Milwaukee is a fun town.

Been in that area a bunch of times, if you're looking for more of a get away type of thing and maybe a few less humans I'd look
north of Milwaukee. Maybe somewhere from Sheboygan or Manitowoc north to say Washington Island.
All depends on your idea of fun.
Plenty of beaches all along that area.

What about Duluth MN? The North Shore of Lake Superior is very pretty. You could drive on up to Ely, MN which is a big outdoor canoe town with a resort type atmosphere. Or at least it was the last time I was there.

gunzo

Hunter
Maybe hit the small towns along the coast, see the lake & it's surroundings without the,,,, gee, looking for a word, but will just say it,,,, the nastiness & crime of a big city.

Maybe some mom & pop motels, diners, bar & grills along the coast that cost way less & reflect the area much better. Maybe that type of vacationing is long gone, but my dad always looked for that & I have too. Such a treat.

Last edited: