Midway USA Blems

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Anyone have any experience with Midways blemished bullets? Looking for 9mm target bullets and noticed these. Just starting to reload 9mm and am a little leary starting with a bulk purchase of blemished bullets. Description says blemish is discoloration or bullets run during set-up!?

Tellico

Buckeye
I have bought rifle and pistol blems from Midway. Never could see what was wrong with them. Also the little blue boxes are perfect to hold Rotors for the Little dandy powder measure. Go for them!
Fred

contender

Ruger Guru
Quite good for most shooting. However,, if you are a SERIOUS competitor who is looking to make sure you have perfect competition ammo, AND you have the ability to shoot very small groups,, I'd not use them in competition. But for 99% of most applications,, they will be fine.

AGE Ranger

Single-Sixer
Slippingaway is right; just a cosmetic only. It is no different than that box of ammo laying around that isn't shines anymore.

I bought a box of Barnes 95gr for my .380 and I couldn't even see any blemishes. My guess is when they run a batch QC found a certain number of defects and scraped the entire lot.

Cherokee

Single-Sixer
The last batch of blems I bought from Midway looked identical to Hornady 124 XTP's and shot as good. I'll always get blems when they come up.

VHunter

Bearcat
On the rifle ballistic tip bullets, some of the plastic cones were inserted backwards. In a box of 250 there were maybe 3 or 4. The price difference well make up for it.