Memorable way to buy a gun

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Anyway, I was looking for a .22 pistol. Something for my daughter to shoot. I've got several .22's, but they are too heavy, like a 6 7/8" stainless Mark II, or a Smith and Wesson 41. Just too heavy for her, and not comfortable. I do have a Browning Black Label she really enjoys, and a Bearcat. But just wanted something else to keep her interested. I really wanted a 22/45 lite. One of those pretty colored models, in the gold or the blue.

So...today I went to a large dept. store which normally sells guns. They were putting the Black Rifle Coffee out on the ammo shelves and zero primers. They had 9 used rifles, and only the expensive pistols left unsold. Like the $4,000 Nighthawks and that Korth revolver. I see the 9mm GP100 seems to be designed after the Korth, only the Ruger is $2,500 cheaper. Lots of shotguns, and shotgun ammo...Just the expensive shotguns.

Then I got a flat tire driving home...It was a big nasty screw right in the corner between tread and sidewall, so I'm going to need a new tire. I parked at home, and got out and you could hear the air hissing out of the tire....I drove over to the dealer just a little faster than the speed limit. The last thing I wanted to do was to be out in the street changing a flat tire.

But while the tire was getting fixed, and with time on my hand, :D I called another local LGS. They have a Glock 44, which is the .22 LR version. And, the price wasn't inflated like some small stores sometimes do. Now I'll have to wait until tomorrow to go pick it up.

There! Luckily I've got more than enough 22 ammo on hand.

I hope so, I need some good Karma. This is the second nail I’ve had in my tires in the last month.

I hope the Karma extends to a good shooting 22 Glock. I’ve seen some positive and some really negative reviews. I just want a good sized, lighter weight gun for my daughter. Like most kids, she won’t want to come to the gun range if she doesn’t have fun and a comfortable gun to shoot. I suppose that’s true for most people.

disclaimer: And to be clear, the gun is not her’s. It’s mine and kept in my safe. No straw purchase here.

Latest posts