Maureen Ohara has passed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Acorn

Buckeye
Just heard that Mauree Ohara has gone to her reward. A beauty in her day. She and the Duke are together forever. RIP
I might have to put The Quiet Man in the DVR tonight.

RugerHound

Hunter
Awww man....

She is absolutely iconic... What a spectacularly talented and wonderful woman she is.

RIP Miss O'Hara... Give Duke a warm hello for all of us!

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

What a wonderful actress she was! And a perfect match for the Duke, with McLintock! being my favorite starring the two of them. RIP, Ms. O'Hara...

Rick C

bogus bill

Hunter
I seen her when I was a Universal Sudio guard in 1965. She, Jimmy Stewart and Brian Keith were making "The Rare Breed". She was fired up about something when I met her. Seems I had to take her a message. A beauty!

737tdi

Hunter
Rick Courtright said:
Hi,

What a wonderful actress she was! And a perfect match for the Duke, with McLintock! being my favorite starring the two of them. RIP, Ms. O'Hara...

Rick C

Wow, good grief. One of my favorite movies.

Oh my, that is a terrible loss. She really wasn't a good actor but she played beside some awesome people. Wasn't hard to look at either. R.I.P. great gal. You were and are missed.

Karl

Pal Val

Buckeye
1976. I was in an Antilles Air Boats flight from San Juan to St Croix, VI. After arrival, the door opened, and there was Maureen O'Hara welcoming us to St. Croix! I had read someplace that she was the wife of the owner of the airline, but could have never imagined that she actually went hands-on to help her husband.
I flew the "goose" a few times but saw her only once. A few years later, her husband was killed in a crash and the airline went out of business.

Critch

Single-Sixer
Remarkably lovely woman and by all accounts a really good human being. I loved her opposite John Wayne, but she was outstanding in How Green Was My Valley and The Rare Breed.

She will never be forgotten.

Off the top of my head, I think that maybe Debbie Reynolds, Doris Day and a very few others are all that are left from that age of Hollywood.

RugerHound

Hunter
blume357 said:
She was/is my second favorite actress just after Kate Hepburn.

I'll second that! ;)

For anyone who gets Turner Classic Movies, here's their 24 hour tribute on November 20th:

The new schedule for Friday, November 20 will be:
6:00 AM Jamaica Inn (1939)
7:45 AM The Deadly Companions (1961)
9:30 AM Spencer's Mountain (1963)
11:30 AM McLintock! (1963)
1:45 PM The Battle of the Villa Fiorita (1965)
3:45 PM Big Jake (1971)
5:45 PM The Wings of Eagles (1957)
8:00 PM The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1939)
10:15 PM The Quiet Man (1952)
12:30 AM At Sword's Point (1951)
2:00 AM Sinbad the Sailor (1947)
4:00 PM The Spanish Main (1945)

O'Hara was an excellent swordslady, and did all her own stunts including the swordfights!

What a lady!

Pierow

Blackhawk
One of the more devastatingly beautiful woman ever in Hollywood. There is a nice little story about her and John Candy when they did the movie "Only the Lonely" together. Cute movie, she played the overbearing mother of John Candy's character. John was the big star of that movie and when he arrived on set he had the biggest, most elaborate trailer while Maureen's was small and unimpressive.

Before Maureen ever made it to set John had the people switch it so that she had his trailer. A couple of nice classy folks and I bet they got along well. Bless the both of them.

Pierow

Latest posts