Mark II Scope Rings

Help Support Ruger Forum:

HokieG

Bearcat
Hey folks. I'm new to the forum, but not a new Ruger owner. I've got a Mark III, SR-22, and an American Rimfire.

This week, I found a beautiful '04 m77 Mark II at the local gunshop. It was sold as a used gun, but to the best I can tell, it has NEVER been fired. :shock:

My question is about the rings to use for my 30MM scope (Vortex Viper HS-T 4.5-16x44). Looking at Ruger's ring chart, they indicate using a 5B30 for the front and a 6B30 for the rear. Is the receiver not flat across the top? Is this intended to give a 20-30MOA mounting? I'm worried if I use two different model rings, they won't mount properly around the scope.

my best case scenario would be to have 20moa rings, given this will be my distance rifle.

Can someone clarify this, and maybe make a ring suggestion?
Thanks!

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
The dovetails for Ruger ring mounts are not "flat". They require different heights to mount a scope level. It is not intended to give a 20-30 moa base. Follow Ruger's chart.

HokieG

Bearcat
Thanks guys. I put the level on the receiver tonight and sure enough they are different. I put an order in tonight per the chart. thanks.

huntsman22

Blackhawk
If you want a 20 moa base, you'll have to D&T a EGW base to the receiver and use the weaver slot or pic rings of your choice....

IMG_5216_zps18d67013.jpg

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Silent Sam said:
The dovetails for Ruger ring mounts are not "flat". They require different heights to mount a scope level. It is not intended to give a 20-30 moa base. Follow Ruger's chart.
I got fooled by that when I bought my Ruger Gunsite Scout. It came with a #4 and a #5 ring and I was sure there had been a mistake. I called Ruger and they told me it was correct and that the higher number goes in the rear. Worked out just fine.