Mark II pistol Manual---arrived--yay

Help Support Ruger Forum:

yooper1

Single-Sixer
I know I can print them from the Ruger Website, but, any chance in heck that Ruger would have any original paper copies around that I can get / buy?

I bought a MKII a couple weeks back, and found a case (not original) for it and thought it would be nice to have the original book with it.

So...what do you think?

Should I call them tomorrow and ask or should I just pots a wanted to buy ad here and maybe search rimfire central and ebay for one for sale?

Thanks in advance. :D

Jasperharley

Bearcat
I would say any or all of the above. Although you might want to befriend some of the salty dogs on this site, they are likely to have extras lying around. Cannot imagine what you would pay, I have one I do not use, but want to keep so I have a complete set with box etc. (I actually go to the Ruger site to get the info, so I guess I am a lot like you).

yooper1

Single-Sixer
Thanks

Also...I came back to say

Do not laugh at me too loudly for thinking that they are still available.

I already see some reprints on GunBroker and eBay.

Now I have to check carefully to make sure it is original and / or not pay too much for a reprint

Thanks again

yooper1

Single-Sixer
OK, well, I called Ruger today.

I followed their menu to request a manual and ended up getting a computer to leave my info and request on.

Does that sound normal?

I hope it is

ranger1

Buckeye
I picked up a used Mark II about 6 months back, and called them requesting a manual. They sent one right out free of charge. I'm sure if they still have some left, they'll do the same for you. :D

contender

Ruger Guru
Yes,, they do use a computer to answer some calls. If you don't get it in 2-4 weeks,, (usually sooner,) give them a call back,, and go to the option where you get a live person. It's painless.

dacaur

Single-Sixer
When I bought a used mark II I sent an email request on their website for a manual, and they sent it out no charge. It is NOT an original manual, as if they just printed a whole bunch extra back when the gun was made, but it is an exact copy other than the front page, which indicates it is for a gun thats no longer in production. Its the same size and style as my manuals that came with my new rugers though.

On the back of all ruger manuals it says "A copy of the instruction manual for any ruger firearm is available from the factory free on request...."

yooper1

Single-Sixer
Today, Friday, it showed up.

Looks like a factory one to me...although I could be wrong.

But now that I have my Ruger case and my manual, all is well.

Just gotta spring for some wood grips.

Where does my money go?!

dacaur

Single-Sixer
Its factory, just not original. The original ones didnt have "FOR REFERENCE ONLY. These models are out of production. They have been superceded by the Ruger Mark III Autoloading Pistols." In red on the cover :D Thats all I was saying. Its an exact copy of what you would have gotten had you bought the gun new other than that. Well, it may have had less warnings, depending on the year :D