mark 3 racker

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jadek44

Single-Sixer
Hi. Looking for the dimensions of the opening that goes over the charging grip 0n the bolt. I have a S&W 22a target that I can't cock any more due to artheritis in the hand. Hate to spend the bucks and not have it work. Thanks, Stash

contender

Ruger Guru
I think the bolt rackers are specifically cut for the models advertised. I don't think the two you mentioned will interchange. Why not look into contacting the company that makes them & ask them about your gun?

22/45 Fan

Hunter
TandemKross sells a bolt racker for the Ruger Mk III and IV guns that makes charging the guns very easy.

https://www.tandemkross.com/halo-Charging-Ring-for-the-Ruger-Mark-IV-Mark-III-2245_p_294.html

trebor44

Blackhawk
Idaho, East of Boisemento, or is it Boisangelos
My wife has RA and likes to shoot her MK 3. Over the past few years I bought and installed several different types of rackers on her pistol. I got the 'old' ones for mine (MK I and IIs). Of the ones we tried she like the TK the best and I have to admit that it would be the one for me for several reasons. Mostly ease of use, installation and fit. And it does not look out of place in my mind. The others are functional but the TK seems to be the better of the designs that we tried. I use the others because I have them and they do save the fingers from being pinched.

contender

Ruger Guru
Guys,,, read the OP's info in his post. He has a S&W 22a he wants a racker for,,, not a Ruger. I know this is a Ruger Forum,, but we here welcome all types of firearms,, as we are not brand snobs.

He was asking if someone knew the dimensions of a MKIII racker to see if it will fit his S&W.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Looking at pictures of the S&W 22a I have to conclude that the TK Halo racker will not fit and probably can't be adapted to it. The OP will need a custom designed and machined part and it will have to be light enough not to interfere with the slide's function.

Here is a Youtube video showing a home made slide racker for the 22a: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anIYDgrgi_U The sidebar also has videos of other 22a slide racker designs.

jadek44

Single-Sixer
Hi 22/45 I saw the same video. Also found that Tandemcross makes a cocker for the Victory. Push comes to shove, the turnbuckle is always a bubba choice. Thanks Gang. Stash