Mark 2 II 678G Target Government US marked SN RB-103

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
To me, this gun is MORE collectible than the average military contract gun. IT CLEARLY WAS MANUFACTURED BY RUGER AS ONE OF THE MILITARY CONTRACT GUNS AND WAS PACKAGED THAT WAY.

The only question is to the serial number and we now that Ruger did all kinds of guns with unique serial numbers, I know of dozens of Ruger firearms made with custom serial numbers, including birthdays, anniversaries, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS, names, etc. Because the gun has a unique serial number in NO way makes it a lunch box special….you didnt have sneak guns out of the factory with WBR, just ask and you would get what you wanted!

This is a worthy collectible….and to me, the most collectible of the US marked Mark Pistols!!!

Yeah, if you were going to sneak one out... why put a serial number on it. The serial number is there to keep the feds happy so they know they got their 11% excise tax on that gun.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
I just got off the phone with Dwight from Sportsman's Legacy who actually auctioned off the Robert Brown gun RB-007 in late 2019. It sold for 1750 and sold immediately. He did not know a lot about it but mentioned he was a good friend of Mr. Brown. Honestly because of the original owner being Robert Brown vs Rex King, I'd say the RB-007 may be the most valuable. Linda from records emailed me. Now that I have shown her TWO RB guns she is going to try to do a deeper dive in an attempt to discover some factory records.

I'm leaning towards the thought that certain "subscribers" didn't get their serial number in the 210- MK678G range (like a few others did), so opted for something with their number.
Chet15

Latest posts