Latest gun show finds.........3/2

Help Support Ruger Forum:

well was a bit quiet and slow this past weekend, nice weather, hell today is over 70s here in Ohio,but I was able to get a few real nice Ruger 22 revolvers.........all came to me ( except for that #3xxx serial number Red Eagle, guy will not let it loose), oh well Laura already has #31xx Red Eagle...anyway
Mint BC-4, no box with a #90-prefix and -08xxx,almost perfect, then a MINT RSSM X ,in the #440,xxx range, again no box but almost perfect looks unfired for the most part ( they ARE ALL shot!)..... and finally a real nice RSS 9 with a 22 lr cylinder only, it also is a #20 prefix gun followed by -24xxx............ah to have had the boxes ,oh well its close............enjoy they ARE still out there........:cool:;)

Attachments

• BC-4 .22 cal #90-089xx ser..JPG
    BC-4 .22 cal #90-089xx ser..JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 44
  • RSS 9 .22 cal OM 1969 near.JPG
    RSS 9 .22 cal OM 1969 near.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 41
  • RSS 9 22 cal 1969 OM.JPG
    RSS 9 22 cal 1969 OM.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 42
  • RSSMX 22 -22mag 6.5 in 1965.JPG
    RSSMX 22 -22mag 6.5 in 1965.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
…they ARE still out there........:cool:;)

Dan, I always enjoy your commentary, and normally a history lesson to go with it. 😂

That said, your regular pronouncement (⬆️) that "they" are "still out there" is a point that needs to be repeated regularly. I'm glad you do so! 👍

Nearly twenty years ago, I was trying to stir up some excitement here for what I thought would be a "first" run of KNR9 revolvers. Flatgate clued me in to the fact that both the KNR9 and the KS9 models had been produced in the past, and that they come up every now and again...

As a budding "Ruger accumulator," I was unaware of that fact. I went to the online auction sites, and ended up buying a nice shooter grade KS9! It was operating without the benefit of a box, but that doesn't matter, for a "Shooter."

"They" ARE still out there. One just needs to know that "they" exist, and get hunting for them!

uncle Howie you are spot on and gotta remember its just NOT what ones sees' or hears about "on line", all to often the seller may have NO clue as to just what they REALLY have.....all too often I may just "pass by " a Ruger that may be on the table and my wife will remind me "did you turn it over"?? I cannot recall how many "S" guns or "D" guns were out there to be found and the seller had NO clue, I do remember one "S" that we got and I showed our 'late ' friend Bob C and it was an "S" old model 357 Blackhawk, to this day have no clue what he did with that gun I know he was tickled when I handed it over to him and said "here, YOU collect these"......True story and we still miss Bob and Doris C may they rest in Peace..........;)

( yes and the last TWO local gun shows we saw 2 and 3 digit Red Eagles, and missed them both.......I offered the guy who bought the last one that I would "double his money" and he's still thinking about it,,,,,hhhmmmm...........:unsure::(

Latest posts