M77 RSI 260

Help Support Ruger Forum:

This rifle has evolved and is developing into one of my favorite deer hunting rifles. As it's getting closer to the season I'll share a few photos:

And the handgun I like to carry if the weather is decent

pete44ru

Hunter

Your tang-safety RSI .260 is the only one I've ever seen, since the RSI line was introduced, nevermind one close enough to coon-finger.

Very nice........ !

Yes, it is unique I believe. I was tickled when my daughter took my tang safety RSI in 6.5x55 for her deer rifle - but I needed a replacement. I had the components for a rifle build: flat bolt M77 action (it was missing the original barrel), a short action RSI stock, and my hankering for another 6.5mm rifle. The gunsmith did an excellent job on the rifle, as it shoots right at MOA accuracy with hunting bullets and the low powered glass.

agjones

Bearcat
Absolutely beautiful, the whole package including the scope! Great caliber.

Thanks to all for the positive comments!

Yes on the Smith - it is a 25-2 with a shortened barrel. Starting gun for that was a well used but not abused gun I picked up for a good price. Refinished the stocks, cut down the barrel and some rust blue turned it into a handy carry piece.

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
Very nice on both counts. I heartily approve. :)

Vari-X III 1.5-5x, looks like? My RSI has a Vari-X III 1.75-6x on it with the 36mm objective, but in some ways I really like the looks of the 20mm objective as on yours on the little carbines. Just looks appropriate.

How did you barrel your rifle, custom barrel or a Ruger barrel? The sights look like Ruger factory sights for the RSI rifles; are they?

olskool

Bearcat
that is cool. i love the full stock carbines, and flat bolt, wow! what is the smith? it looks like the barrel has been chopped?

Longhair1957

Bearcat
Love it!
I have had several International's and RSI's!

Currently I have none.

I have had the CZ full stocks as well. While not benchrest accurate, they do shoot well.

I killed three nice sized Javalina in three seasons with them, two were with the RSI 77 in .243 and one with the International #1 in .243.
All shots were between 125 and 175 yrds. all one shot and drop kills.

Great little rifles!

Yours is a beautiful specimen!