M77 243, 308 VALUE?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

doug

Bearcat
I PURCHASED TWO M77'S AND NOW THAT ARCHERY SEASON IS OVER (FOR NOW), I HAVE GATHERED MORE INFORMATION ON THEM.

BOTH ARE NEW IN THE BOX WITH RINGS, BOX, PAPER WORK ETC.(I THINK I MAY HAVE BEEN THE FIRST PERSON TO HANDLE THEM WITH IN THE LAST 30 YS)!

CAL SERIAL # YR MADE
243 # 77 - 54117 1983 MODEL M77 R

308 #78 - 25396 1984 MODEL M77 R

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THEIR VALUE.

I WANT SHOOTERS AND I THINK IT WOULD BE A SHAME TO SHOOT THESE IF SOMEONE WANTS OR NEEDS NIB RIFLES LIKE THESE IN THEIR COLLECTIONS.

THANK YOU

DOUG

I WOULD POST PICTURES IF I COULD FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT

rugerlovah

Single-Sixer
Doug, in those chamberings, I doubt they would bring much more than a current production Hawkeye. Maybe $700-800 each. I wouldn't hesitate to use them as shooters.

doug

Bearcat
Thank you for the information.

My wife wants to know how many guns I need to get for the grandkids. She just does not understand this complicated issue (maybe it is me that does not understand)! Besides, it was a good deal!!!!!

Again thank you,

Doug

black029

Single-Sixer
My guess is if you were to sell them, they would just wind up being used as "shooters" by the purchaser. It is quite a hoot to see a 30 year old firearm that looks like it rolled out of the factory last week, but honestly they are the Hank Bauer's of the world, not the Mickey Mantle's.

Latest posts