luck of the box

Help Support Ruger Forum:

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
Ok fellas you are not going to believe this story but it is true. Today I went to my local dealer and he and I are pretty good friends so I get to go behind the counter and play with all kinds of neat stuff he has back there. Today I noticed he had some Ruger boxes, two yellow with black on one end, no end labels. Both where empty so I thought, so I asked him what the story was he said someone brought them in and gave them to him I asked if he wanted to get rid of them sure he says $5 each. I said ok not knowing anything about them other than they looked like they where in good shape, so I asked if he had any more and he found 2 new grey plastic boxes with the shippers for MK II pistols he gave me them free. Well I take my loot and go home open one of the yellow boxes and there is the instruction manual and paper work for old model SA and the old parts from a conversion what a deal. I think the parts kit is for a Single-six but still for $5 it was worth it to me. Now to find a single-six that needs a make over.

contender

Ruger Guru
That's a cool deal!
I was in a pawn shop once and asked about old boxes,, & got 14 "empty" boxes. When I got them home,, there extra magazines in all of the semi-auto boxes.
You did very well! (Remember this when shopping there next time!)