LSCG grips on my Gallagher/Turnbull Flattop .44

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
These were in my mailbox today. Another example of Zane's beautiful work. These are English walnut on my Gallagher custom Flattop .44 with CCH cylinder frame by Turnbull. Have had this gun for several years and it always needed a set of grips that were as nice as the sixgun - now it wears these. I think you'll agree it's a match. Zane's fitting of wood to frame is exquisitely done.
John Gallaghers work included cutting the 6.5" barrel to 4 5/8", fitting a steel XR3-RED size gripframe, steel ERH, Belt Mountain locking basepin, an action job, and the blueing. John then sent the cylinder frame to Doug Turnbull for the color case work.
I have a 7.5" flattop .44 that John did pretty much the same work on, except that it had been drilled and tapped for a scope base when I got it (reason I was able to obtain a 7.5" flattop at a reasonable price). John TIG welded the holes, polished, and reblued the whole gun, but I didn't have the CCH work done on this one (it was actually done before the one pictured here. im thinking of sending it to Turnbull now for the CCH treatment which would give me a matched pair in 7 1/2" and 4 5/8".
20231205_210735.jpg
20231205_210814.jpg

Last edited:
Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
I took a lunch break today and went to my local indoor range to check my point of impact with hunting loads (home cast 245 gr. Thompson design gas check SWC hollow point over a healthy charge of 2400 or AA9). Took a couple clicks of right windage to center, rear sight is screwed all the way down already and it still takes a 6 o'clock hold to not shoot high at 25 yards. Ready to go to the woods for deer, hog, or what have you.
IMG_0879.JPG

Last edited:

G2

Hunter
I debated if I even wanted to look!!! 😳

Very Nice Job! ,,, and the Grips are excellent.

sledman

Bearcat
These were in my mailbox today. Another example of Zane's beautiful work. These are English walnut on my Gallagher custom Flattop .44 with CCH cylinder frame by Turnbull. Have had this gun for several years and it always needed a set of grips that were as nice as the sixgun - now it wears these. I think you'll agree it's a match. Zane's fitting of wood to frame is exquisitely done.
John Gallaghers work included cutting the 6.5" barrel to 4 5/8", fitting a steel XR3-RED size gripframe, steel ERH, Belt Mountain locking basepin, an action job, and the blueing. John then sent the cylinder frame to Doug Turnbull for the color case work.
I have a 7.5" flattop .44 that John did pretty much the same work on, except that it had been drilled and tapped for a scope base when I got it (reason I was able to obtain a 7.5" flattop at a reasonable price). John TIG welded the holes, polished, and reblued the whole gun, but I didn't have the CCH work done on this one (it was actually done before the one pictured here. im thinking of sending it to Turnbull now for the CCH treatment which would give me a matched pair in 7 1/2" and 4 5/8".
View attachment 34544View attachment 34543
The whole package is superb! Congratulations!

Latest posts