Looking to buy SN #13 Jim Carmichael Rugers.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AzGeno

Single-Sixer
Have you tried to call Tony Galazan. He owns CSMC. I think he traded for and owned most of the JC #13 guns And he may know/share where these guns went.
Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Company
100 Burritt Street
New Britain, CT 06053

860-225-6581
860-832-8707 fax
[email protected]

Terry T

Buckeye
This is a photo of the pile from Guns International of the ser. no. 13 guns!
1685028066117.jpeg

Terry…Yep…That looks pretty close to the 55 or so guns they told me they had acquired…When I found out about CT Shotguns having a sizable Jim Carmichel collection and that they were parsing them out (at a premium!), I was a day late and a dollar short! Well, I was fortunate enough to score one…so I'm not gonna complain. As I mentioned earlier, when I was finalizing my deal, I inquired about any remaining Rugers they might still have. I'm pretty sure the rep told me there were 2 Hawkeyes (.300 Win. Mag and a .243), a Gold Label and a 10/22 Charger…which I'm not necessarily a fan of, but probably would have grabbed it anyway. When I asked about the prices of those guns, he replied "We haven't worked out the prices on those yet." Then as I described on this thread somewhere, I was contacted by them; they had my check, the gun was packed up and was going to be shipped later that day. They definitely shipped it…right to Cabelas in Columbus Ohio! It was received, completely unpacked and entered into THEIR system, and then I received the call from them asking me if I was expecting a gun from CT Shotguns! I told them that yes…I WAS and that gun shoulda been shipped to the Vermont address on the box. I then asked them if they would just (very carefully!) repackage my gun and send it to the FFL gun shop listed on the outer box. Apparently they can't do that…so it had to be shipped back to CT where it was once again unpackaged and inspected, repackaged and sent to Vermont. I literally had friggin nightmares about what the condition of the original shipping box bearing Carmichel's shipping label was going to be, possible scratches on the gun…etc. Anyway, it all turned out okay. I woulda loved to had the opportunity to grab the .243 Hawkeye…but those last guns sold out quick! But as you're probably aware Terry, Guns International has (as of last night), a pair of Kimber #13 .22s, a Weatherby #13 shotgun and 2 Winchester model 70s. One is clearly marked with Carmichel's initials followed by #13, but I don't think the other rifle was a #13…the description just states that it's from the Jim Carmichel collection.

Anyway, that subject killed a couple of days of educational exchanges…and it's interesting that a few guys on the Forum have those pretty unique SN guns, and I personally always enjoyed reading his articles…informative and a little humorous!
Jeff