Looking for Holster Maker

Help Support Ruger Forum:

M'BOGO

Buckeye
Mike,

Tandy does online ordering. There is also Hidecrafters, Springfield leather, and many more. Leatherworker.net is a great resourse as well.

BrotherInArms

Bearcat
Have you not found what you're looking for yet, Mike? Perhaps if you'd tell us what kind(s) of holsters you're seeking...?

Jim

Mike S

Bearcat
Hello All.
Yes I have found styes I like,
Mainly Slim Jim, And some of the Plainer Looking Western Single and Double Straps.
Since most of my Shooting is Practice or Hunting it has to work for that.
Cross Draws seem to be the Best Bet, Since I sit in a Blind/Stand to hunt,
And Ride to and from on a ATV.
Any Other SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME !

There ARE MANY FANTASTIC HOLSTER Maker out there.

But I Dont feel I could Wear some of these into the woods.
Would realy hate to Damage one of them.

There are Several I am Looking at, But Hate to Rush into it.

Mike

BConklin

Bearcat
One thing that dawned on me after I made mine - if I were to use if for hunting from a stand - then the simple act of unsnapping the hammer strap would make a noise which might alert the prey.

There are a few different styles of straps that make no noise when the gun is released. I'll use one of them on any hunting holsters I make.

NorEaster

Blackhawk
I think you should make your own... you'll feel great about it after your done.
009.jpg

Zeus

Blackhawk
I can vouch for Barranti and Rob at Simply Rugged. Top quality products made by great guys! I have several holsters and such from each and I couldn't be happier Mike. I know Cannon well and have seen some of his holsters when he was first starting up and thought they were very well made also. Now that I think of it, I don't have any of Cannon's holsters..I need to fix that. Cannon is a great guy and lives over in St. Louis, can't remember exactly where you are in MO but if close, you may be able to catch up with him and look at some samples. Any of those guys will fix you up. Mike is just really backed up right now. I don't know what the others timelines look like but Rob has usually had quick turnaround times. I have a crocodile holster from Rob that is just really COOL! I also have slings on my handguns from Rob, I need about 5 more of them also. Now you have me thinking I need to make an order :) You have plenty of great choices to choose from....good luck !!

Mike S

Bearcat
Hello Everyone
I went back and looked at Cannon's Address,--------
WE Live in the SAME TOWN.
I will have to Talk to him when I get Home from this Work Trip I am on.
Mike

ChiefMuzz

Blackhawk
I don't know if he is an active member here but Wes Daems from Montana did a great chest rig for me and has some great leather on his page. I came across him on thefiringline.com and I know he is active on cast boolits and a couple other forums.

http://www.7xleather.com/western_holsters

I can vouch that he is great to deal with as my wife set up the whole thing with him and she knows nothing about guns...or leather.

If you want any pics of mine I can pm them to you.

Cannon

Bearcat
Thanks for the kind words, Rob and Zeus.

Mike -- I don't believe we've met, but if I'm not mistaken, your son was at my house not too long ago.

Zeus

Blackhawk
Cannon, Will you make it to AR in March? Look forward to seeing everyone. Glad you found you a holster maker Mike :)

Cannon

Bearcat
Yes, sir. It matches up with everybody's spring break this year, so the whole family should be there. Definitely looking forward to it!

Latest posts