Looking for a realistic value - MKI Red Eagle

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LewR

Bearcat
I have a 1951 Red Eagle MKI ser#15711 that I decided would mean more to my medical problems than my love of this piece.

What is a true value sale price - it is like new but has no box nor original papers. This not a BS "need to sell" scenario, but rather I want to place this gem in the right hands of a true collector and at the same time have funds to continue what I need to do. I hope you all understand.

I will take pix if there is an interest - even opinions of value would be greatly appreicated.

Lew

contender

Ruger Guru
Condition, condition, condition. Follow that by the "variation" of the Red Eagle, and then a fair price can be determined.
It's most likely a "type 8" variation, and that's the most common one.
Quality detailed pics help a lot.
But, if it's in excellent condition, and has no "issues," the value will be around $400.

chet15

Hawkeye
contender said:
Condition, condition, condition. Follow that by the "variation" of the Red Eagle, and then a fair price can be determined.
It's most likely a "type 8" variation, and that's the most common one.
Quality detailed pics help a lot.
But, if it's in excellent condition, and has no "issues," the value will be around $400.

Ooops! Contender, you fell into the ole Mark I phrasing and assumed it is a standard. 15711 is a true Mark I with adjustable sights.
Chet15

contender

Ruger Guru
Chet15 is correct. Dang my memory. I have a Red Eagle that's not terribly far away from his gun, and figured his was the same. That's what I get for trusting my memory, and not verifying things with the RENE reference guide.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
LewR,
Welcome to the forum!1 Does your gun look like this?
If so its a MKI Red Eagle Target model, I have #'s
15403 and 15758 both letter as Red Eagle Target models.
Terry

HPIM1281.jpg

we've bought and sold them , some boxed ,some not, and in "average" condition, we get between $500 to 750, tops NEVER got more, in fact , one of the Forum Members I recall bought one from the guy down the row from me at the OGCA and he paid $550 in the box, and it was a little better than average shape from what we recall.......( yes, we missed it...worth it with box to boot!!!)same guy had a OM BH convertible 357/9mm in the $450 range too.........still has a Hawkeye, with 3 different barrels, yes, we said 3 different barrels, and calibers, and its $1600 and YES, we passed on it, maybe the radical One can tell us MORE, he saw it too...........

Mike, they appeared to be 'crush fit" just spin on and off, there was a flat milled on either side of ALL the barrels, up near the front of the cylinder frame......like the 'stock' standard barrel that was original to that gun, the flats were right off to the sides where the two scope holes are drilled and tapped by the factory.........no original grips, around 85 % condition to me, as I said, we passed, and he even offered to me lower besides, will see him in a few weeks at the May, display show at the OGCA..........I will give him your number, I just did NOT think it was worthwhile to the "girls" to see this poor attempt at "pimping ones ride..." :roll: