logo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sidecarr

Bearcat
Brought a 22/44 noticed on the case the Ruger logo is just the R but the grips still have the SR checked all my other Ruger stuff al have the SR ,was wondering when the logo changed

chet15

Hawkeye
sidecarr":37n91kw9 said:
Brought a 22/44 noticed on the case the Ruger logo is just the R but the grips still have the SR checked all my other Ruger stuff al have the SR ,was wondering when the logo changed

It started changing a few years ago when Ruger's management changed. When asked why, Ruger's response was "Nobody knows who Sturm was anyway".
To me, not only would it seem to have been an expensive proposition to change the trademark on everything....literature and EVERYTHING, but I.M.O. making Sturm disappear was more a lack of history knowledge from those in charge.
Tell me Ruger's past history doesn't sell guns today? That's the difference between yesterday's corporate people and the corporate people at today's Ruger...today's people don't have an interest in selling their history....they only have an interest in selling an object. If they sold their history, they'd sell more guns. If the company didn't have a history (quality manufacture), they wouldn't sell near as many guns as they do today.
Don't get me wrong, Ruger is doing fine today. But they could be doing better I.M.O.
Chet15

sidecarr

Bearcat
the R logo just doesnt look right ,noticed it right away when I got the gun home, also noticed the master lock with the made in china right under the Ruger logo

mattsbox99

Hunter
Even their stock symbol is 'RGR' I've only owned it for a few years, so I don't know if that changed as well. I can tell you that Ruger has produced some new things that Bill never would have. I can't say they are bad or good since I don't own any of them, but I hope Ruger continues to do well.

sidecarr

Bearcat
the Ruger firearms I own now and in the past are some of the best firearms made . just cause their logo changed doesnt mean the quality has , Im looking at getting a single six right now

chet15

Hawkeye
blume357":yf8pyulu said:
I think when you get a big corporation you have folks that have to come up with changes just to justify their jobs.

I agree. Easy to do too when its not the CEO's $ that's used to make the changes.
Chet15