Lipseys 77 Hawkeye RSI .250 Savage

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mrbumps

Blackhawk
I guess Lipseys has some more 77RSI's in 250 Savage. Just looked at one at my local FFL. It is stainless and walnut like the previous versions, however the stainless is a matte finish, rather than bright. It looks like the finish on the Wiley Clapp GP100. The walnut on this one was nice and dark and the gun was very attractive. It also had the full wrap-around checkering on the forend of the stock, just like the 308 version had. I put it on lay-away and will pick it up after Christmas and post some pics. I told him I didn't dare bring a new rifle home for myself just a few days before Christmas! Probably wouldn't go over too well! :lol:

Jason at Lipsey's

Single-Sixer
Ruger made 98 of them with the matte stainless. Not sure why they did, but we took them and needless to say they sold out very quick. I will get the info up on Lipseysguns once I get a second to breathe around here!

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Jason at Lipsey's said:
Ruger made 98 of them with the matte stainless. Not sure why they did, but we took them and needless to say they sold out very quick. I will get the info up on Lipseysguns once I get a second to breathe around here!

Hope to see the info asap, maybe a pic of same? I've committed to one of these without seeing it, although I suspect the matt SS will look really good with the walnut. Understand this may be a 'woops' on Ruger's part, SS RSI supposed to be bright SS.

CraigC

Hawkeye
I bought one today, couldn't pass it up. Having a hell of a time finding components for it and no loaded ammo to speak of but I look forward to warming it up.

mrbumps

Blackhawk
Picked up mine today. The gun also has a red butt pad, compared to black on the previous editions.

Here is a pic of the rifle, along with a pic showing the difference in the finish, as well as the checkering difference in the forend. The other rifle is the 7x57mm edition they did a year ago. The 308 edition also has the new checking pattern.

250SAV_1.jpg

250SAV_2.jpg

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
One just sold on GB:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323880659
I bid a couple times but have other financial commitments that prevented me from bidding higher. Someone got a decent deal I think.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Got to see one at the gun show this weekend. I do like, quite a difference from the regular edition obviously, I think these came out real nice. The forend checkering and red pad is a nice bonus.

CraigC

Hawkeye
I sure did, a fellow member sent me some. :)

I don't want to cut into your personal supply but if you have some extra you want to part with I would be interested.

Beruisis

Single-Sixer
Well not nearly enough for a Tennesse shooter I expect.
I've got some once fired WW brass I'll clean up, full length resize & send you if you want.
PM me your mailing address.
Beruisis