Lipseys 3.75" Bisley Draws First Blood

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BKDinTexas

Bearcat
Last night. Boar at 30 yards. Within five seconds after, a sow on a dead run at the same distance. Had to follow her up. She decided to get me! Never had that happen before. She didn't make it to me and dropped about 8' from me. I was using Skeeters Unique load but in magnum cases. That is about the most fun you can have with your britches on! Got pictures of the sow but don't know how to post from my phone. Can anyone help me out?

BTW, this little 44 shoots like a long barrel. Very accurate!

Steve55

Bearcat
Didn't have to change your britches when you got home did you? Kidding of course, sounds like it got a little exciting there!

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
There is a thread on the 'Gallery' forum on how to post pics. Either that or PM me, to get my email, and then send them to me, and I'll post them.

------
For what it's worth....you need an online site to host your photos, such as Photobucket, or a Google account. Upload them there. View the image you want to post, right click on photo, choose "copy image URL". Go to Ruger Forum where you have a post started in the 'full editor' window. Click tab above the editor. Past the url BETWEEN the two tags - like this:
[ img]http://url[ /img]

and you're good to go.

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
pig1.jpg

pig2.jpg

BKDinTexas

Bearcat
Thanks again ruggedruger. This was a handgun personal best for me. The boar was standing broadside and did a typical 60 yard dash and died. (Should have taken one of him too but he was not huge.) At the shot, two sows and 15 -20 piglets took off. I swung past the front sow's nose and squeezed. She rolled but got back up. I chased her down and thats when she swapped ends and decided to take the fight to me! Thats when phase two of the gunfight started. Quite exhilarating. Anyway, maybe slowed down the breeding for a minute with the boar, :? but all those piglets will be breeding soon unfortunately.

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
That's a great story, BKD. I actually am picking up my first larger-bore pistol (.44 mag BH) from my FFL TOMORROW! I bought it b/c of the increase of hogs in our area, and I want to carry it when deer hunting...

BKDinTexas

Bearcat
I was shooting Lasercast 240 gr. SWC with 7.5 grs. of Unique in magnum cases. Sort of a Skeeter load. They go straight through hogs this size. Skeeter was my favorite gunwriter and knew his stuff...

57Frontier

Single-Sixer
Nice story! I have one of these 3.75" beasties myself. Took mine to the range yesterday and did some shooting off the rest. Very fun and surpisingly accurate for a shorty.

dougader

Hunter
Such a soft load for hogs, and it worked perfectly. Penetration and caliber. Excellent. Thanks for sharing. Loves me some bacon.... 8)

arminius

Bearcat
BKDinTexas said:
I was shooting Lasercast 240 gr. SWC with 7.5 grs. of Unique in magnum cases. Sort of a Skeeter load. They go straight through hogs this size. Skeeter was my favorite gunwriter and knew his stuff...

Nice shootin. Makes me want to look into that configuration for my next Ruger.
Skeeter was the best. Wish they would reprint his books. Originals are too scarce for me to afford.

32magfan

Blackhawk
I read this thread this morning. I found one today at Outpost Armory in Murfreesboro
. I had to get it- as the BORG say, "Resistance is futile". :wink: cost me a little over $700 OTD.

Seriously, congrats on bagging your piggies. I hope to hunt them someday.

Thanks,

32magfan