Lipsey .44 Won't Function

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
I couldn't see the pictures but that's another reason I do my routine work on every gun I buy even brand new ones. I bring them home and completely disassemble them as soon as I get them. before I ever load them and clean each part with a oil rag and put wilson's gun grease on the moving parts and do a trigger job on them before they are shot. Then every 4th or 5th time I use them I will strip them down again and clean and lube them again. Then after about 500 rounds I do the final trigger work and from then on I wipe down the outside after every use and completely disassemble about twice a year and relube the bearing surfaces.

17tombstone

Single-Sixer
Gun is being refinished with new parts as we speak by RUger. They have been outstanding in their responsiveness. Was an issue with the bluing process which has now been changed.

doccash

Buckeye
Very interesting! I didn't say anything because I thought it was just an isolated occurance, but my .44special flattop was extremly rusted, wouldn't fire but every other time. Mine has rust on the blued part of frame by the caliber marking. The rust inside the frame came off easily w/ toothbrush and Hoppes #9. Dr.C

mustang99

Single-Sixer
doccash, send it back. It will be fixed to the way it should have been sent out originally.

rkrcpa

Single-Sixer
Is there a S/N range where this is occurring? Date range? Is it a large % of guns or small?

Inquiring minds want to know.