Lets see your AR's!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gunsby_Blazen

Single-Sixer
i knew you could buy blanks and partially done lower receivers but i had no idea what you had to do to finish it,
i thought you had to run your own machine shop or something but apparently there are jigs

impressive
what you are doing is really cool!

that is some really NEAT stuff!

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
Another of my "past" toys. This one I built myself. The lower was an RRA and I built it up from there. Upper was a LaRue with a Larue rail and Noveske 10.5" bbl.. Troy sights and Noveske Muzzle Break. All crazy expensive parts... very very good gun and shot super! Ah.,.... the memories!

345oqyd.jpg

2cofy9j.jpg

Ethang

Blackhawk
Jeepnik said:
Am I still the only one with a Lefty AR?

I am cross eye dominant and shooting the AR is the only time I feel dis-advantaged. I don't like the idea of my eye being on the ejection port side of the weapon in case of a case rupture. I don't have any problem running the rifle, just the nagging fear of some brass hitting my eyeball.

One day I would like a lefty Stag but for now it's not in the budget.

WNY_Whitetailer

Bearcat
Spike's Lower, Daniel Defense LPK, Magpul ACS stock, Adams Arms midlength tactical upper, Hogue pistol grip, Magpul AFG, Nikon M223 2-8x32 scope with Nikon mount.
AA-SpikesAR1-1.jpg

Bushmaster XM15, Eotech 512, MI flip up rear site, Troy TRX quad rail, Spikes Tactical vertical grip, Hogue pistol grip, Magpul MOE stock, Streamlight TLR-1
BushmasterAR1-1.jpg

Ethang said:
Jeepnik said:

I am cross eye dominant and shooting the AR is the only time I feel dis-advantaged. I don't like the idea of my eye being on the ejection port side of the weapon in case of a case rupture. I don't have any problem running the rifle, just the nagging fear of some brass hitting my eyeball.

Get some hot brass down the back of your neck, one time, and you'll find the cash for a lefty. I know folks say the case deflector will prevent this, but not always. Oh, and it will leave a mark.

stantheman86

Buckeye
m161.JPG

I built this clone of the slickside M16 a couple years ago.......also built up an A1 clone, both from surplus uppers and NoDak Spud lowers.

All I need is an A2 repro and an M-Forgery clone set up like the one I used in the Army and I'm set for AR's. I hardly shoot the two M16's but I "needed" them since I like Vietnam era weapons.

JR45ACP

Bearcat
DPMSA1A2.jpg

ar-15s.jpg

TOP> DPMS Carbines A1 and A2 styles NO JUNK just stock
Bottom> Colt Match Target HBAR (heavy barrel all the way to the receiver) and DPMS A1 (same one from above pic)

Ferdinand

Single-Sixer
After wanting an AR for a long time, I did some research and went with Spike's Tactical. This is my Spike's mid-length. The fit, finish, controls, and accuracy are excellent. I highly recommend them. Enjoy.

DSC01600.jpg

Snake45

Hawkeye
Ethang said:
Jeepnik said:

That's what shooting glasses are for. Buy 'em, use 'em. Always! :wink: