Lets see your AR's!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Snake45

Hawkeye
stantheman86 said:
m161.JPG

I built this clone of the slickside M16 a couple years ago.......also built up an A1 clone, both from surplus uppers and NoDak Spud lowers.

All I need is an A2 repro and an M-Forgery clone set up like the one I used in the Army and I'm set for AR's. I hardly shoot the two M16's but I "needed" them since I like Vietnam era weapons.

Sweet! I too built a slickside retro a couple years ago. An M261 .22 unit pretty much lives in it these days, but it retains full 5.56 capability including the early, un-notched chromed bolt.

22ARRetros.jpg

EditorMan

Bearcat
A Ruger SR556, pretty much as is besides the optics. A little sad not building this one from scratch, from Ruger did a wonderful job with this rifle. This one here's my ridin' around gun.

IMG_0133.jpg

ar15bassplayer

Bearcat
My first AR-15. Finished the build in August 2011.

IMAG0398.jpg

Lower: CMMG MOD4 SA
Upper: BCM Standard 16" M4 Carbine Upper Receiver
BCG: LMT Bolt Carrier Auto M16
Bullet Button Convertible
Stock: Magpul CTR with LaRue Tactical RISR (Reciprocating Inline Stock Riser)
Grip: Magpul MIAD Mission Adaptable Grip and trigger guard
Samson STAR-CX Rail System
Badger Ordnance M16 AR15 M4 TACTICAL Charging Handle w/ Badger Tactical Latch
Rear BUIS: A.R.M.S., INC. #40L Low Profile Rear Sight
UTG ELP38 Tactical LED Flashlight/Laser Combo
UTG Tactical OP-2 Bipod
Scope: Leapers 3-9x40 Rubber Green Rifle Scope

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
Sig Sauer M400 Enhanced:

SigM400Sauer001.jpg

I love this rifle! I topped it with a Leupold 3-9x scope mounted with a Burris PEPR lever mount.

DocLarsen

Bearcat
Here is the DPMS LAR-10 I built last year. It has a 18" SS fluted very heavy SASS barrel. With this barrel and the very effective muzzle brake, it shoots like a pussycat compared with my very light, synthetic stocked Stevens 308.

MyLAR-308.jpg

The Bushnell scope shown is no longer on the gun. I recently put a Weaver Grand Slam Tactical (Midway only scope) 3-10X40 on it, which has a much better mil-dot reticle. This scope got raves in terms of quality vs. price on a number of the sniper forums. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet, so I have to defer to knowledge of all the sniper guys who really liked it.

DocLarsen

edited to include additional optic information