Help Support Ruger Forum:

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
COLTLWTCOMM-WCa-1.jpg

Colt "Wiley Clapp" Commander
:mrgreen:

Hammerdown77

Blackhawk
Formerly a Springfield Lew Horton "Night 45", a Gov't model on a lightweight alloy frame, now fully re-done by John Harrison.

e4be5fbb.jpg

In a holster by Jon Peters of Peters Custom Leather (member ShortBBL)
45120e30.jpg

Colt Commander, lightly modified by Colt's Custom Shop:

f5f91387.jpg

Colt New Agent:

670653a0.jpg

Bkat

Blackhawk
RonEgg said:
I have posted these before and they are the only two I have left.

P1010161.jpg

Ron, just curious--what's the story behind the Marine staff sgt. and captain insignia on the two grips?

Bkat

Southerngunner

Bearcat
Here is one of mine that I really like because I don't have to pick up the brass :shock: :D
holsterorders020.jpg

holsterorders022.jpg
[/img][/list]

RonEgg

Blackhawk
Bkat, when I was enlisted I carried a Govt model and while flying off the carrier I carried my Commander instead of the 38 Victory model. That's it.

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
An Ed Brown Executive Carry I once owned and drooled over.

iftt8w.jpg

289emmu.jpg

1tu7nr.jpg

35lsug6.jpg

vpw751.jpg

2q8vsj5.jpg

The nice ole guy shooting it (well, he really only held it, didn't want to shoot this "Big one") is my father-in-law from Russia. We brought him here to see what America is all about. I sold the gun when he came here, so we could take him all over the place to see a lot, and so I could send him home with some money to fix up their place. It was a great gun, but I don't regret letting it go for a good cause.

x6c3k0.jpg

Shadow

Single-Sixer
ShortBBL ....... Nice unselfish gesture on sale of the Ed Brown!

The majority of my guns are wheel guns, but I think everyone should own at least 1 or 2 semi's. I purchased this new Colt full size 1911 XSE .45 ACP last year, and it's obvious to me that the fit & finish on Colt firearms has improved significantly. At this point I've shot a minimum of 200 rounds through her w/o a malfunction. The ambi safety was removed and I had a set of custom smooth Amboyna Burl grips made to help increase the level of comfort while firing.

Shadow

XSEOptomizeCrop6-1.jpg

fatboy

Bearcat
This was my Dad's 38 acp. He was in high school in the 1950's in northern Wisconsin. He mail ordered a Colt .45 acp from a sporting goods store in Illinois. When he opened it it was a 38 acp. He kept it anyway.
1911.jpg

Here's another one that I traded off already, but wish I hadn't. Folks were immediately critical of these Remingtons, but I don't know why. It is a great gun, functioned perfectly, and was well made.

GEDC0754.jpg

WAYNO.