LCR, which to purchase?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lakesider-NY

Bearcat
Lots of good comments here thanks. 8)

i still want and will get a LCR in the future but I blew the fun budget on a about 92-94% Colt Cobra.38 2'' with factory hammer shroud and original serial number to gun- box.

Please forgive me :)

It looks like it will be the 38+P and I'm seriously thinking when I get the gun if all works out well putting my S&W .380 Bodyguard in the safe and making the LCR my normal casual carry in pocket holster gun. Going into more serious harms way my .45 goes with me in a ISWB holster.

KRD

Bearcat
I had an LCR in 38 and recently replaced it with the LCRx with the hammer. I need the flexibility to shoot shot shells. So I carry it with the first two chambers loaded with a CCI shot shell during snake season. I seem to encounter more rattlesnakes than bad guy. The exposed hammer enables me to shoot the gun more accurately at a snake.

flyerdoc

Single-Sixer
I like them hammerless...I routinely ankle carry a 442, my wife favors the LCR 38spl. I have to admit I like the looks of the S&W better, but more importantly, I LIKE the extra heft. Having said that, I shoot both equally, the lighter LCR does not have more recoil due to its lighter weight at least in my experience. I don't think you could go wrong with either. As far as caliber goes, I would not even entertain the notion of wielding a 357, I think its overkill (excuse the pun). Now, while hiking the Pennsylvania mountains I just bought an Alaskan 44Mag., I just don't think you can blow away a rabid racoon badly enough :) Is it overkill, yeah, no doubt. But when that black bear brings his cousin Griz from Alaska I'll have the last laugh (hopefully). In the end, carry what you are comfortable with, but beware of having too much power, if that is even possible.

Buck357

Bearcat
I have the LCRx and like it. Was thinking of trading it for the .357 but now I think I'm going with the 9 mm LCR. I have a lot of 9 mm ammo and a revolver in 9 mm has peaked my curiosity. Besides if it doesn't work out the LCR 357 isn't going anywhere.