LCP Last round jam

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bearcat
My LCP has been very reliable, however when I took it out today the pistol continually hung up on the last round in the mag. I even inserted a single round and that produced the same malfunction. In each case the spent round was not fully ejected, but on one ocassion the slide did not appear to cycle as the spent case was still in the chamber. Two different shooters - same results.

Ammunition was Winchester White Box FMC, I'm thinking it's the ammo, or maybe the magazine spring. Anyone else have this issue?

Pinecone

Blackhawk
153, Take a good "look" at how your loading the magazine, especially the "first" round. You can get it scewed differently than the rest of the rounds and it will ride up the mag that way and cause problems when it is ready to be chambered. (follower not sitting properly) That's the first thing I would look at. However, it could be something else also!....................Dick :wink:

Bearcat
Thanks...

I only have the one magazine, today I took it apart and cleaned it. I had recently changed the floorplate to the "long" version, so I put the original short flooplate back on. When I cleaned the pistol, I paid special attention to the extractor, making sure it was moving smoothly in its slot.

It will be next week before I can run the LCP again. In the meantime if there are any other suggestions.....

Latest posts