KISS performs in Iraq, you'll love this.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

This is why liberals don't like veterans. It is nice to hear someone (Gene Simmons)loves America as I do. It is a given, our vets love it more.
gramps

RugerHound

Hunter
I gotta tell ya... I have thought Kiss was a bunch of wackos ever since they hit the scene. I still don't care for their music, but I absolutely LOVE Gene Simmons. This guy is an endless whirlwind of goodwill and bleeds Red, White & Blue.

Thanks for posting.. I hadn't seen this. I'm downloading this one! ;)

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
RugerHound said:
I gotta tell ya... I absolutely LOVE Gene Simmons. This guy is an endless whirlwind of goodwill and bleeds Red, White & Blue.

Hi,

Amen to that! I can think of a lot of native born Americans who could benefit from being locked in a room for a half hour with my favorite Israeli lad! They'd come out with a different view of what this country was, is and CAN BE AGAIN, taught by a guy who epitomizes the American dream.

Have Gene and Uncle Ted ever played together on stage? That I'd love to see!

Rick C

Rumrunner

Hunter
I have had this saved on my computer for awhile. Love it.

Don't know about Ted and Gene, but the Nuge and Kid Rock are doing a song together now.

contender

Ruger Guru
Dern,,,, Hard to type right now.

I grew up during the heyday for KISS. I wasn't into hard R&R, so I never was a "fan" so to speak. Never disliked them or anything,,, just didn't bother with KISS.
Well, in the last several years,,, I have seen different things they have done or are doing for our military.
With that thought, I opened this, and truly enjoyed it.
God Bless Gene Simmons & KISS.
This salute to our troops is inspiring, patriotic, and just downright outstanding. It brought tears to my eyes.

While I may not attend a concert by them, (although I may now consider it,) I will defend them as true Americans.
Simply outstanding.

tsubaki

Single-Sixer
Rick Courtright said:
Have Gene and Uncle Ted ever played together on stage? That I'd love to see!

Rick C

YES at the Savannah Civic Center February 4th 1988 and I was there!

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
contender said:
God Bless Gene Simmons & KISS.
This salute to our troops is inspiring, patriotic, and just downright outstanding. It brought tears to my eyes.

Hi,

Ty, if you ever have a chance to hear Gene Simmons in an interview, please take the time to listen! Simmons has a lot of detractors--perhaps deservedly so--but I'm pretty sure whether you end up loving him or hating him, he'll hold your attention long enough to decide for yourself! ;)

Born in Israel, he came to the States at a fairly early age. I dunno if he was a US citizen by birth, or naturalized. But unless he wants to run for President, that doesn't matter much! When you listen to him, you'll hear that it's hard to find a greater cheeleader for this being the greatest country on Earth to be able to do what you want with your life, make it anything you want, and succeed at what could only be your wildest dreams in many other countries. IF you will put the work into it, that is!

He's also a fierce taskmaster of the "Quityerwhinin', get off your bum and make something of yourself, nobody OWES you a d(arn)ed thing!" school. So seeing him do that tribute to our troops, I believe it's straight from the heart, not some kind of a passing trend lip service thing. Having said all that, I probably couldn't name a single KISS song off the top of my head, either. So what?

Rick C

contender

Ruger Guru
Rick,,, I have paid attention to what I've heard about him for several years now. From all I've hear,,, he is a STRONG American.
I do NOT discount him as a "just a hard rock & roller!"

cruzerlou

Buckeye
Like Ty, I came up in the KISS heyday, but I was a fan, as a matter of fact, when not playing and singing in country bands, I was playing in rock bands and I know most of their songs .Matter of fact the very first rock concert I ever went to was KISS, their Destroyer tour in 1976 , needless to say I started big LOL , for shear visual and sound KISS is hard to top .
I'm glad to see Gene doing this and it does choke me up a bit,
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!!!!
Lou

graygun

Hunter
That was worthwhile. I was in the green machine but think the Marine anthem is the best.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
HUGE Kiss fan! Seen them 20 or so times, met them...by far my favorite. I don't believe this was in Iraq but rather in a stateside base done a few years back. I know they did a special show just for troops around that time as well. A few tours ago, they donated money from each ticket to the Wounded Warriors Project and each show would bring a couple veterans on stage and present a check followed by Paul leading the crowd in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. Tommy, the lead guitarist, also does a bunch for veteran stuff. His father, an army general is, I believe having a museum named after him which Tommy has given times in raising funds for.

An interesting part in this is Tommy's father was part of a group that liberated one of the German concentration camps. Gene's mother is a survivor of one of these death camps. She was a hairdresser who upon arriving at the camp watched her mother join her own mother in marching into the "showers". It's unknown if she was in the same camp General Thayer helped close down.

speedsixman

Single-Sixer
Another patriotic rocker you might enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ZQ5T8wjsg

Not my style of music, but he makes no bones about where he stands. If you copy the title of the song into the U-Tube search bar, several more of his military tributes come up. (Some may be a variation of this one - I haven't watched them.)

Myron