Just Picked Up This New Model Blackhawk SS .357

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lvtwentytwo

Single-Sixer
Offered $400 and he accepted. Yes it's old (1990) but it's in really nice shape, box, papers and all.

I think I did okay price wise.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/8576830/las-vegas-nevada-handguns-for-sale--ruger-blackhawk--357

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
It is OLD?!@?! How can that be as 1990 was all of three months ago and my fifty year old gunbelts and shucks are still fine.
SO.......just what is " old " ?
And so it goes...

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
I bought a stainless .357 Blackhawk just like that one about a year ago, they are fine shooting revolvers. I've gotten pretty good with mine, I can hit small targets like a soda can out to 40 yards. Easy packing in a holster, feels like no weight on the belt.

Here's a pick of mine with it's companion rifle, a Ruger 77/.357, and a "Threepersons" style holster....

413565279.jpg

You will really enjoy shooting that revolver!

lvtwentytwo

Single-Sixer
Thanks everyone!

I brought it home a couple hours ago, and......it looks better than it did in the pic!

Question though. Is there a way to polish out the very, very faint turn line? Maybe a mag wheel polish and a green scotch pad? Other than the turn line the gun looks pristine for its age!

lvtwentytwo

Single-Sixer
Well, I ended up using a little Blue Magic metal polish and an old green scotch brand kitchen sponge my wife said I could have and it nearly removed all the turn line. Sweet! I think I'll try a soft rag and some more metal polish on the rest of the gun today and see what happens. Pics to come.

lvtwentytwo

Single-Sixer
Okay, it's polished but I don't know how to insert/attach a picture of it into this message. Can anyone tell me how?