Just ordered a SR1911....How long will I be waiting?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Verndog

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
mohavesam said:
Good Lord, is this such a big deal?
Not that I can see ... so they had to scrap some slides ... who cares ?
REV

To the average Joe, it's no big deal. To those waiting and wanting... it matters. When guns are on backorder and selling more then are produced then those 750-900 and the time they take to make up for scrap while already on backorder become very relevant to the topic (much more then 1 week when production is at capacity). To Ruger it's no more of a big deal then driving in reverse during a race.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Verndog said:
revhigh said:
mohavesam said:
Good Lord, is this such a big deal?
Not that I can see ... so they had to scrap some slides ... who cares ?
REV

To the average Joe, it's no big deal. To those waiting and wanting... it matters.

I hear ya Bro, but there's nothing that can be done about it at this point ... best to just let it go ... it happened. :D

REV

biggameballs

Bearcat
My dealer went to a buying event and spoke with a Ruger rep who said they should see all orders getting filled in March/April.

revhigh

Hawkeye
biggameballs said:
My dealer went to a buying event and spoke with a Ruger rep who said they should see all orders getting filled in March/April.

I have some swamp land in FL to sell as well !!! :D

Oh ... and a bridge in Brooklyn ...

One of our esteemed 'in-the-know' members here has stated that Ruger has over two years worth of 1911 backlog, and now Ruger is going to clear that in 3 months ???? ROFLMAO.

REV

Verndog

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
I have some swamp land in FL to sell as well !!! :D

REV

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Fish on!! :twisted:

Seeing is believing, I would not bet or hold my breath for them to get out from under this anytime soon.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Verndog said:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Fish on!! :twisted:

WOW !! That brings back good memories !! Been awhile since I had a tuna on the line ! Or a Mako shark !! This was taken about 60 miles offshore from Ocean City MD ... I'm in the background with rod. This Mako was just a baby so we let her swim away ... only weighed about 75 pounds. FYI ... that yellow balloon is for all intents a 'bobber'. :D You can see another white 'bobber' out in the water.

Circle hooks catch 'em right in the corner of the mouth (as shown) ... works every time, and super easy to remove, or just cut the wire leader and let it rust out in a week or two.

Chum bucket to lower left of shark.

DSC_0024.jpg

REV

Verndog

Blackhawk
Dang Rev...I'd be greeting that thing with the Security Six before inviting him on board. Those friggen buoys look like your going after jaws. :shock:

I'll stick to my 10-20 lb salmon thank you. :)

revhigh

Hawkeye
Verndog said:
Dang Rev...I'd be greeting that thing with the Security Six before inviting him on board. Those friggen buoys look like your going after jaws. :shock:

I'll stick to my 10-20 lb salmon thank you. :)

LOL !! Even that little guy would laugh at a Security Six. Biggest one I ever caught was 231 pounds (I got the jaws mounted) ... that one got a few rifled 12 guage slugs through it's brain before we brought it on board. Mako shark is one of the best tasting fish that I've ever had. We go offshore about 15 times a year for tuna, shark, and marlin.

They are VERY mean critters, and you don't want to get bitten 60 nautical miles offshore and 2 and a half hours from help. They have very distinct, very long, inward curving teeth ... if you get bitten you are in serious trouble. Since a shark has no backbone (just cartilege), even if you're picking it up by the tail, it can still bend around and bite you. Many discover that the hard way.

REV

Verndog

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
LOL !! Even that little guy would laugh at a Security Six. Biggest one I ever caught was 231 pounds (I got the jaws mounted) ...

Careful....your giving me ideas on a new thread topic. :wink:

XDM4545

Bearcat
[/quote]

WOW !! That brings back good memories!!!

REV[/quote]
Wow...that looks like fun Rev, I'm jealous

Latest posts