Just ordered a SR1911....How long will I be waiting?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
biggameballs said:
Why do manufactures do that? If they wanted a billboard on the side of the gun they should've just engraved their logo and then a small spartan to distinguish the model.

Agreed ! I don't like it either, but I hate front slide serrations even more. Enough so that it kept me from the Spartan as well ... even though I really liked the gun, especially in 9MM. Oh well .... looks like a bare bones GI RIA will have to do for my 9MM 1911.

REV

Racinbob

Bearcat
Well, I'm well past 5 months waiting on a fully paid for SR. I'm 2nd on the list. I got a decent price but I'm close to going in to get a refund. The S&W E series is looking better all the time.

Verndog

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
... I can't tell you how many thousands of rounds I've given away over the years. All I ask is that they get my brass back to me. :D

So...buddy. 8) What range is that again?? :D

mattsbox99

Hunter
revhigh said:
mattsbox99 said:
If it was $799, I'd have still bought it.

Good for you !!! :D

So what DID you pay Matt ?? If you don't mind saying.

REV

$679, no discounts or haggling. No tax or extra fees here. I'm not sure why it matters though. Why is there such a fixation on the price of this gun?

What if a person paid that price and put it on a credit card and only paid the minimum requirement and strung it out for three or more years and paid $200 in interest? Would that be a factor?

mattsbox99

Hunter
Racinbob said:
Well, I'm well past 5 months waiting on a fully paid for SR. I'm 2nd on the list. I got a decent price but I'm close to going in to get a refund. The S&W E series is looking better all the time.

Its not a better gun. I have one, and it was more than the SR. It has a firing pin safety and a worse trigger on it. Wait or get an STI Trojan from Dawson Precision.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com
www.stiguns.com

revhigh

Hawkeye
Verndog said:
revhigh said:
... I can't tell you how many thousands of rounds I've given away over the years. All I ask is that they get my brass back to me. :D

So...buddy. 8) What range is that again?? :D

Roseto Rod and Gun Club ... Roseto, PA.

Be glad to see you there sometime VD, although it would be a helluva commute. :D

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
mattsbox99 said:
Why is there such a fixation on the price of this gun?

I don't think it's just the SR1911. People like to know what the going price is for most things they're about to purchase. Especially when the item is in very short supply and possibly subject to 'scalping'. Or when they're trying to search one down. Also because the 1911 market is so crowded, people are comparing other similar models. There's really not much to differentiate 1911's from each other at a given price point ... other than cosmetic doo-dads or brand, which we all know is VERY important to a lot of buyers.

I think it's just a natural conversation point.

REV

biggameballs

Bearcat
Why the price was important to me was becasue I'm not a "fanboy" of any brand. I've never owned a Ruger anything before. I would never buy any brand becasue of the name stamped on it. 1911's, much like AR's, are all the same with differnt features and quality. For $600 there are only a few 1911's that I would be happy with. The Ruger was the best of the bunch to me.

Now at $750 the Ruger would't lead the pack.

To me a gun is in a way an investment. If well taken care of they tend to appreciate. If nothing else they atleast keep up with inflation. If you purchase a gun at the right price you should be able to keep if for several years and keep it in good condition and atleast get what you paid for it. Guns are one of those things that are almost as good as liquid cash.

I dont buy any gun that I'm not getting a price on the better end of the spectrum. Period.

revhigh

Hawkeye
biggameballs said:
Why the price was important to me was becasue I'm not a "fanboy" of any brand. I've never owned a Ruger anything before. I would never buy any brand becasue of the name stamped on it. 1911's, much like AR's, are all the same with differnt features and quality. For $600 there are only a few 1911's that I would be happy with. The Ruger was the best of the bunch to me.

To me a gun is in a way an investment. If well taken care of they tend to appreciate. If nothing else they atleast keep up with inflation. If you purchase a gun at the right price you should be able to keep if for several years and keep it in good condition and atleast get what you paid for it. Guns are one of those things that are almost as good as liquid cash.

I dont buy any gun that I'm not getting a price on the better end of the spectrum. Period.

Smart man ..... exactly my thinking as well. I probably own 10 different brands ... whatever gun is the best gun in the class at the price point that I'm interested in is the one I buy.

REV

Atec

Bearcat
Smart man ..... exactly my thinking as well. I probably own 10 different brands ... whatever gun is the best gun in the class at the price point that I'm interested in is the one I buy.

I have to agree also . This was going to be the first 1911 I have purchased , or should i say , have on order. :( I was interested in it due to the fact it was Rugers first 1911 produced as well as price and great reviews. But if the dealers keeps marking the price up to retail . I am going to start to look for another brand

biggameballs

Bearcat
Well I just won a Sig 2022 on an online auction this morning. $325 to my FFl! Feel like I stole it.

Please pray for me that the Ruger doesn't come in 2 weeks. If it does the wife will probably use the Sig to put a 9mm slug in my arse. LOL.

mattsbox99

Hunter
biggameballs said:

What pack? The closest gun to the Ruger is a $900 Kimber (street price here is $800+). Other comparative guns are more than the Kimber.

1911 writers all across the country have said the Ruger is seriously undervalued for what it is and isn't.

biggameballs

Bearcat
If the Ruger wasn't full of MIM parts I would say it probably would lead the pack at 750. I'd buy a SA Range Officer at $750 beforfe I paid that for the Ruger.

Atec

Bearcat
biggameballs said:
Well I just won a Sig 2022 on an online auction this morning. $325 to my FFl! Feel like I stole it.

Please pray for me that the Ruger doesn't come in 2 weeks. If it does the wife will probably use the Sig to put a 9mm slug in my arse. LOL.

Well if it does come in just give them my address . And I will be more then happy to supply them with a credit card number and ffl. :lol:

I am looking out for your best intrest , I would hate to see you get in trouble !

biggameballs said:
If the Ruger wasn't full of MIM parts I would say it probably would lead the pack at 750. I'd buy a SA Range Officer at $750 beforfe I paid that for the Ruger.

Then it sounds like you've made a different choice, and it's good your SR1911 was not timely. :D

WAYNO.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
BGM, Pls, don't pursue a Ruger SR1911. That will allow someone who wants one, to be able to purchase it. I remain amazed that so many of you members seem to think Rugers have to be sold aT 75% OR LESS of suggested retail; It clearly does not occur with Kimbers, S&W, Browning or Remingtons, unless "You know someone, are "someone" or chisel "someone".." further, I see no reason for an FFL to sell for 5 to 10% above his/her cost, UNLSS he/she makes a real living doing something else full time.......Last, i think the type parts in the Ruger was covered here in-depth and was not of concern to MOST of us. The vast number of writer comments, both technical and shooter defined, have been positive.........Go buy someone elses' gun and stop complaining.........JUST SAYING.......... :idea:

mattsbox99

Hunter
biggameballs said:

I agree with Mike, you won't be happy with a SR1911, let somebody who truly appreciates an AMERICAN made firearm get it.

biggameballs

Bearcat
WAYNO said:
biggameballs said:

Then it sounds like you've made a different choice, and it's good your SR1911 was not timely. :D

WAYNO.

I paid 590 for my Ruger not 750.

biggameballs

Bearcat
mattsbox99 said:
biggameballs said:

I agree with Mike, you won't be happy with a SR1911, let somebody who truly appreciates an AMERICAN made firearm get it.

At $590 I'll be tickled pink with my Ruger. At $750 I would've picked a Sig Sauer Tac ops or a Springfield Armory Range Officer. Both those guns have "suggested retail" of about $1000. If you know how to shop for a gun you can get them under $750.

Why so defensive. I'm not trying to bash the Ruger at all. I'm sure it will be a great gun. Love the looks of it too.

Latest posts