Just ordered a SR1911....How long will I be waiting?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Verndog

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
Dealers aren't consumers .... most could care less if they can get a certain model or not, they don't want ANYTHING 'bad enough' ....

Also .... very few LGS's have $10K just sitting around .... at least the LGS's I frequent don't ....

AFAIC ... it should be first come .... first served .... 1 or 20.

Your forgetting a couple of rules. Murphies golden rule states: He who has the gold makes the rules. And Rule 2: The squeaky wheels gets the grease...and big wheels squeak louder. :D

I say if you want one now...find yourself a big wheel or wait in the peanut gallery. :twisted:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Verndog said:
revhigh said:
Dealers aren't consumers .... most could care less if they can get a certain model or not, they don't want ANYTHING 'bad enough' ....

Also .... very few LGS's have $10K just sitting around .... at least the LGS's I frequent don't ....

AFAIC ... it should be first come .... first served .... 1 or 20.

Your forgetting a couple of rules. Murphies golden rule states: He who has the gold makes the rules. And Rule 2: The squeaky wheels gets the grease...and big wheels squeak louder. :D

I say if you want one now...find yourself a big wheel or wait in the peanut gallery. :twisted:

I'll be a waitin' .... :D

Patience is my strong suit.

REV

Verndog

Blackhawk
revhigh said:

REV

So... are you going to buy a Ruger 1911?? :shock:

If this is true, I will need to follow suite and take the plunge myself...just to help keep you in line. :D 8)

Seriously...I need to shoot one of these just to see what the feeding frenzy is all about. :?:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Verndog said:
revhigh said:

REV

So... are you going to buy a Ruger 1911?? :shock:

If this is true, I will need to follow suite and take the plunge myself...just to help keep you in line. :D 8)

Seriously...I need to shoot one of these just to see what the feeding frenzy is all about. :?:

Have one on order (I always said they were nice guns) ... no frenzy on my part ... as I said ... 'whenever' ...is fine with me. I have LOTS of great 1911's to shoot in the meantime .... so tommorrow .... or March of 2013 is fine with me .... except for the writing .... they're all pretty much the same ... I own 3 different brands ... which is why I set my price where I did .... On order at $575 ...right around $600 OTD ... and that's what I'm paying ... whenever.

There's plenty of people who bought these recently for that amount or very near it, I.Like .Pie is one, and most of those recommending that people pay big bucks for one .... didn't pay big bucks for theirs, and most likely wouldn't have.

Others can pay whatever the hell they want to. Makes no difference to me or my wallet. If someone believes it's worth $799 and they're hot for it .... they can pay it ... and have it .... and good for them ! Enjoy it !! :D

You should have heard the talk when the LCP's first came out ... people were paying $500 for them and saying that the price would 'never, ever', come down ... now ... a few years later ... they're $250.

PS ... if you weren't 3000 miles away .... you could shoot any of mine for free, any time ! Shoot any one of your buddy's 1911's ... then you'l know what the Ruger is like. :D

REV

Verndog

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
...Have one on order ... no frenzy on my part ... as I said ... 'whenever' ...is fine with me...REV

That's great to hear!
By frenzy I was more refering to supply vs demand at this time. I've never shot a 1911 so I may just see what I can find on free range rental Wednesday's here and experience the mother of all triggers I hear you talking about. :wink:

Speaking of Murphy, your SR1911 will probably come in a week after you take posession of the SIG. Mine took 12 days back in July. It was a little earlier than I wanted to spend the $$ too. But I correctly snapped it up, knowing how long others on this forum already waited. I am disappointed to learn that many of you are still waiting. It ain't right.

You got it at a great price. I happily paid $645.00 I doubt any dealers will drop their price in the near future.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Verndog said:
revhigh said:
...Have one on order ... no frenzy on my part ... as I said ... 'whenever' ...is fine with me...REV

That's great to hear!
By frenzy I was more refering to supply vs demand at this time. I've never shot a 1911 so I may just see what I can find on free range rental Wednesday's here and experience the mother of all triggers I hear you talking about. :wink:

LOL ... just realize that the 'mother of all triggers' is dependent on the individual gun as well .... although any 1911 will generally be far better than ANY SA/DA semi-auto trigger. If the gun you shoot has a lot of rounds through it ... it'll probably be pretty good.

Keep in mind that a newbie to 1911's will usually shoot really well with it, or really poorly. Even if you can't hit the broad side of a barn, from inside the barn, with all the doors closed .... in the beginning ... that will change VERY quickly once you shoot a box or two and become used to it's recoil pulse and the sight picture.

It's the finest semi-auto platform ever made.

REV

Verndog

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
...It's the finest semi-auto platform ever made.

REV

I wonder what the chances of them building 1 in 9mm is since they're building everything else now?? Likely I'd never shoot anything but paper with it so it makes more sense for the cheaper / lower recoil round if it was available?? Thoughts??

microwaveguy

Bearcat
I do want an SR1911 but will wait for the feeding frenzy to die off and / or production to meet demand. If it is 12 -18 months from now I am fine with that and maybe then I might even score a used one ( Not that ANYBODY would ever willing sell one of these :eek: )

biggameballs

Bearcat
My thought on the gun is that at $600 it's a great buy. The thing I like most about it above what a lot of the others in the price range offer is that they kept the slide clean. I looked at a lot of the less expensive models and couln't get over the huge taky engravings a lot of them had on it. Like I want my classic 1911 gun to have some huge word like SPARTAN engraved on the side.

If I had to pay $700 or more for it there is no way I would obsess over hunting one down. There are a lot of great options in the $700-$800 price range.

Funtionality wise I'm not expecting the Ruger to be any better then any other $600-$700 but looks wise I think it blows most of them away. It's got some nice features with the 3 dot sights, skeleton trigger, hammer, etc....

revhigh

Hawkeye
Verndog said:
revhigh said:
...It's the finest semi-auto platform ever made.

REV

I wonder what the chances of them building 1 in 9mm is since they're building everything else now?? Likely I'd never shoot anything but paper with it so it makes more sense for the cheaper / lower recoil round if it was available?? Thoughts??

I hope they make one, but it will be years I'd imagine. I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on a RIA 9MM GI 1911.

OTD for about $380 ... good for a project gun.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
biggameballs said:
My thought on the gun is that at $600 it's a great buy.

couln't get over the huge taky engravings a lot of them had on it. Like I want my classic 1911 gun to have some huge word like SPARTAN engraved on the side.

There are a lot of great options in the $700-$800 price range.

Agreed !

Yeah, but the STI's are EXCELLENT guns. Very good shooters for right around $600. Very, very accurate for a run-of-the-mill low-end production gun.

Correct ! Spoken like you know a thing or two about 1911's. Exactly what I've been saying for about 6 months. Very nice guns, but I'm not obsessing over getting one either.

REV

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
biggameballs said:
ArmedinAZ said:
You paid MSRP?

No I paid $590 plus tax

That's a great price and thanks for sharing but I was asking the gentleman who said he had one and it is worth MSRP.

If I felt as strongly about getting one of these as some are I'd probably pay the dealer full MSRP even if the asking price was $650. :wink:

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ said:
I was asking the gentleman who said he had one and it is worth MSRP.

Funny how most preaching that it's worth full MSRP paid nowhere near full MSRP for theirs ... easy to spend other people's money I guess. :D

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Verndog said:
so it makes more sense for the cheaper / lower recoil round if it was available?? Thoughts??

Just ONE .... RELOAD !!!

45ACP costs me about $5.20 per box of 50. 9MM slightly less .... $4.80 maybe. :D

The difference is probably less than 1 cent per round. Whenever I go to the range, I always take a few extra boxes of whatever caliber I'm shooting, and if somebody runs out I can toss them a box. I can't tell you how many thousands of rounds I've given away over the years. All I ask is that they get my brass back to me. :D

Most people look at you like you have two heads when you give them a box of ammo that they just paid $25-30 for a few hours ago. It's always good to have extra ammo in your bag.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
mattsbox99 said:
If it was $799, I'd have still bought it.

Good for you !!! :D

So what DID you pay Matt ?? If you don't mind saying.

REV

biggameballs

Bearcat
revhigh said:
biggameballs said:
My thought on the gun is that at $600 it's a great buy.

couln't get over the huge taky engravings a lot of them had on it. Like I want my classic 1911 gun to have some huge word like SPARTAN engraved on the side.

There are a lot of great options in the $700-$800 price range.

Agreed !

Yeah, but the STI's are EXCELLENT guns. Very good shooters for right around $600. Very, very accurate for a run-of-the-mill low-end production gun.

Correct ! Spoken like you know a thing or two about 1911's. Exactly what I've been saying for about 6 months. Very nice guns, but I'm not obsessing over getting one either.

REV

I would've bought the STI but the SPARTAN engraving turned me off big time. Why do manufactures do that? If they wanted a billboard on the side of the gun they should've just engraved their logo and then a small spartan to distinguish the model.