Just happened by...............

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
As I left my home this morning, I threw in my S&W Model 25 I have been trying to sell/trade for over a year or more. Stopped by a place called "Classic Arms" and saw a Ruger New Vaquero I'd be willing to trade for. Well, deal was made, and I came home with this .45 Colt:

Got pretty much what I wanted out of the old Smith, and satisfied with the deal.

The gun has had a few touches done to it, chamfered cylinder face, steel ejector rod housing with crescent rod head, shortened base pin can be removed without removing the ejector rod. I do like the new gun.

Bob Wright

Joe S.

Hunter
EXCELLENT TRADE!!

i too, just traded a Smith 25 for a Ruger 45, altho mine doesnt have any bluing left on it... :mrgreen:

image12.jpg

photo courtesy of Gunsbam69. he takes better ones than me! :)

welder

Buckeye
Well Bob,
I've been debating whether or not to share a bit of joy I experienced myself last week. About two years ago I bought a new 45/45 Bisley, just like the one in Joe S.'s post from a dealer here on our forum. I liked the gun and just put it in the safe. A few weeks later a friend I trade with a lot saw it and went crazy over it. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse. :) I sold it. Within a day I was regretting it and regretted it more when I would visit him and there it was in his den, prettier each time I saw it.

Fast forward a couple years to last week. We're talking and he's telling me he's raising funds to buy some property in the country. I casually mention to him that I would really like to have the Bisley back if he wanted to sell it . After a few minutes he reluctantly agrees. Two days later I have my Bisley sitting beside me on the truck seat and my wallet is a bit thinner, but the smile on my face makes up for it. I won't let it go again and will be taking it to the range when the weather is better.

BTW, congratulations on your find, that's a good looker. :D

frankenfab

Single-Sixer
Bob Wright said:
As I left my home this morning, I threw in my S&W Model 25 I have been trying to sell/trade for over a year or more. Stopped by a place called "Classic Arms" and saw a Ruger New Vaquero I'd be willing to trade for. Well, deal was made, and I came home with this .45 Colt:

Got pretty much what I wanted out of the old Smith, and satisfied with the deal.

The gun has had a few touches done to it, chamfered cylinder face, steel ejector rod housing with crescent rod head, shortened base pin can be removed without removing the ejector rod. I do like the new gun.

Bob Wright

Yup, that's pretty darn sweet!

ken s

Bearcat
Yeah, I can relate. went to the gun shop, had my ruger target auto...saw a .22 single six 80's made, perfect. $225 later I brought it home.
then spent $80 having a new firing pin put in, then made elk grips for it. (go to your local pet shop, they all have a box of 'dog chews' made of elk.)
I picked a nice pair, $25 later I was making elk grips. came out perfect....
gun money is not REAL money...It's like vacation money...doesn't count.....

nice gun...like it a lot and cheap to shoot.....Ken

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
That is a phrase I like- " GUN MONEY IS NOT REAL MONEY, IT'S LIKE VACATION MONEY"

I feel better just typing it. I don't think the wife agrees so I am keeping it to myself and the boys at the club. :lol: