Just Flying Around

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cadillo

Blackhawk
The Navy often flies those type trainers into the local airport, and I live just alongside the final approach, I see and worse yet hear them often. That particular aircraft has to be the loudest one I've ever heard, and I've been around a lot of jet fighters, transports etc. That particular trainer is insanely loud.

cadillo said:
The Navy often flies those type trainers into the local airport, and I live just alongside the final approach, I see and worse yet hear them often. That particular aircraft has to be the loudest one I've ever heard, and I've been around a lot of jet fighters, transports etc. That particular trainer is insanely loud.

Yep A lot of Son's Instruction flights are to an Airport 50 miles North of us. He will call me and tell me he will be flying over our house. Yep I can here him and he might be at 8-10K. The sound of freedom :D :D :D

Cadillo, What airport is that. Could be Son making the noise :wink: :wink:

cadillo

Blackhawk
I see them on approach to MFE, Miller International at McAllen, TX. I believe they are based at either Kingsville or Corpus Christi, and do a few touch and goes at MFE prior to their return to base.

I used to live in El Centro, CA, where the Blue Angels used to spend the winter, and spent a lot of time looking at and hearing FA18's, F14's, A6's, Harriers, C141's etc., and none of those birds come close to that trainer for decibel production.

cadillo said:
I see them on approach to MFE, Miller International at McAllen, TX. I believe they are based at either Kingsville or Corpus Christi, and do a few touch and goes at MFE prior to their return to base.

I used to live in El Centro, CA, where the Blue Angels used to spend the winter, and spent a lot of time looking at and hearing FA18's, F14's, A6's, Harriers, C141's etc., and none of those birds come close to that trainer for decibel production.

They fly the T-45s from Kingsville for advanced training, which is where Son flies out of. Corpus has the T-6 Texan IIs for primary training and the Beech King Airs for advanced training.
A harrier is also pretty loud. The sound of Freedom :D

Latest posts