Just an FYI

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lipofsky

Single-Sixer
Had two MK III 22/45 magazines and discovered the bumper pad will not allow it to fit into a MK IV 22/45, so order new pads from Tandemkross, having never changed a bumper pad on a ruger MK magazine, I quickly discovered that the spring will shoot approximately 30+ feet, if you don't do it right, spent the next 20 minutes trying to put the damn thing back together, went to You tube and found a 3 minute video and Duh obviously I am not the first to make that mistake. 2nd magazine took about a minute to swap bumper pads. All is now good in the land of oddities.
Have a Great Day

Xrayist

Single-Sixer
Things like this really tend to "you know what" me off! Why can't Ruger simply make all their Standard Auto pistols, from the original to the Mk IV, use the same magazine, and all the 22/45 versions use the same magazine. You know, follow Colt's lead...I can use the same magazine in my 1913 vintage 1911 as I do in my newest Colt Commander. Only difference is the caliber. Can you imagine if Colt said, "Okay, we are now going to change the magazine configuration on each new model 1911 platform pistol we introduce. So if you buy one, you will have to buy a new version magazines if you want extras."

Get an old wire clothes hanger and make one of these. Not my idea. I found it somewhere.

X2hqdNJl.jpg

rFcQJbcl.jpg

larry8

Single-Sixer
That's why they are called Jesus parts as in "Jesus where did that go?"

Jesus won't tell you where they went because he is a Colt fan.

"I've often wondered if there is a place in heaven where we will be able to go and reclaim our lost springs (?)"
This can actually happen. I'd just launched some teeny weeny spring from an AR lower assembly and in that normally ineffectual upward look of "Why now?", saw the spring caught in a cobweb above my workbench. :LOL:
I worked in a maximum security prison and one of the tower guards thought he would strip down his AR15 to see if it was clean inside. He launched the spring from inside the stock out into a yard full of inmates. He was not the brightest candle on the cake...

... I'd just launched some teeny weeny spring from an AR lower assembly and in that normally ineffectual upward look of "Why now?", saw the spring caught in a cobweb above my workbench. :LOL:

If the missus ever suggests knocking the cobwebs down, you can explain that you leave them up on purpose, to catch flying parts!
:cool: