Is 5-shot 480 SRH a good piece

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
ugh....you better buy that gun!!! That's the first 7-1/2" 5-shot I've heard of outside the factory!! And as far as I know Ruger shipped less than 30 in the Alaskan! If you don't buy it, please send me a PM to let me know where its at.
Also, if you get the chance, I can sure use the sn off of that one for the reference. The only one I've heard of was 552-05313 that was pictured in Ruger's press release for the model.
Chet15

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
If it's actually a five shot, 7 1/2" bbl, it's worth it weight in uranium! Have you seen it in person?
EarlFH

jimhoff

Bearcat
Super Redhawk, Gray, 5-shot, approximately 7" barrel .480 in the Fred Meyer gun case for 719.00. Why would it be rare? It's been there for a year or 2. It's not an Alaskan. But I am in Alaska.

ETA I'd probably grab it but I'm still diggin' my 4" S&W .500 and my 50th .44 SBH. If it's still there next time I need a frozen pizza I'll snap a few pictures. Ask to handle it. Maybe bump into a collector ;)

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't want it, you can easily double your money.(or more).
Have you seen what plain old, six shot 480 Alaskans are going for? It might be a one of a kind.
EarlFH

MsbS2K

Bearcat
FYI - I just called the Fred Meyer store in AK. The clerk told me the tag was mis-printed as a 5-shot, but it is actually a 6-shot.

My thanks to Jim for his quick reply to my PM!

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
Darn, and I was hoping you had found the pot-o-gold at the end of the rainbow. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. :cry:

EarlFH

jimhoff

Bearcat
Miss-tagged????? That could have been a disaster for someone and I would have been the adam henry. I should have counted the holes :oops:

Sorry for the dust-up