Info on Ruger Mark I Pistol Needed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

VAPA

Bearcat
We have a LNIB Ruger Mark I 22 cal pistol that my FIL purchased years ago. It appears to be the standard model with fixed sights & tappered 6" barrel, red cardboard box, instruction manual and wax paper wrapper, SN 10-52xxx. Can anyone tell me more about the gun including it's value.
Thanks in advance

you got it, its the "standard model" an "RST-6" to be correct.......sounds like a nice gun, and with the"package", around here they are in the $250 -275 range....................good gun, lots of fun, and will last a 'lifetime'.......
depending on which side of the gun the medallion is ( or if the magazine that is currently in the gun, has only ONE slot) your gun has the early A-54 frame) so if you ever need or want to buy "grips" or another magazine, good info to have handy,though the later, newer two slotted maga, or even the later, MK II mags can be "adjusted" ( the button reversed) to make them work in your gun..........

SAJohn

Hunter
One of the best bottom feeders ever made. One could start a firearms company with such a good design.
Guns1-0713.jpg

What about a Mark I pistols compared to say a used Mark III? I know on a Mark I the bolt won't stay open on the last shot, but is that really a big deal?

Short9

Bearcat
Kevin said:
What about a Mark I pistols compared to say a used Mark III? I know on a Mark I the bolt won't stay open on the last shot, but is that really a big deal?

Not unless it matters to you.

'New and Improved' isn't always. Some guys dislike the loaded chamber indicator and magazine safety on the new MKIII's. Some don't care for the mag thumb release. There are an awful lot of people who prefer the MK I over the II or III, etc.

Just shoot it!