Impractical and absurd revolver...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

noahmercy

Single-Sixer
and I finally got one! :p I've wanted an NAA mini-revolver for 25 years, and recently found one that fit my budget. I specifically wanted an LR-only with the 1 1/8" barrel since I am doing some experimentation with modified 22 projectiles and wanted a firearm that would produce the absolute lowest velocities while still having rifling. Once the wind dies down below about 40 MPH here and the snow stops, I'll get it out to the range and figure out where it shoots. As a backup plan, I ordered a bullet trap today so I can shoot in my shop!

Attachments

• IMG_1700.jpeg
    IMG_1700.jpeg
    466.8 KB · Views: 38

noahmercy

Single-Sixer
LR only. What other .22's will shoot?
Will that one also shoot CB caps and shorts?
Do they have a .22 Mag only?
Just curious. I know nothing about those.
They make three frame sizes: 22 Short only, 22 Long Rifle (which will also handle 22 Long and 22 Short like the CBs), and 22 Magnum. Some of the Magnum-frame guns come with conversion cylinders so they'll handle 22 Short, Long, Long Rifle, and WMR (Magnum). They have an impressive array of different grip styles/ frames/ barrel lengths.

noahmercy

Single-Sixer
I have the short barrel 22 mag. That's one loud mother :) These mini's are very well made! I knew 2 people who had the 4oz 22 Short version. Talk about small! LOL

I know what you mean about well-made...really have to look hard to see the seams where the side plate meets the frame, and the trigger has about a quarter the pull weight of most "derringers" as well as very little creep. Even the stocks are fitted to the frame well.

noahmercy

Single-Sixer
Impractical, absurd . . . and fun. I don't have one but a friend does.

Does the wind ever get below 40 MPH in Wyoming? ;)
I can't wait to get it to the range. I expect sub MOA from this sucker! Well, sub-MOF (Minute Of Felon).

It's usually breezy here in Sheridan, but this week has been crazy. Hasn't been below 40 MPH going on four days now...but it's been as high as 70 during that time. :oops: Gonna' be a lot of folks fall over when it lets up...

noahmercy

Single-Sixer
But nice little backup or swim suit gun.
But I swim naked...:eek::LOL: Actually, I plan on using it for anti-rattlesnake duty when I'm out shooting prairie poodles or coyotes. Should be great for that with some CCI shotshells in it, at least out to a half-dozen feet, and beyond that they get a pass from me anyway.

Cholo

Staff member
I shot an unnamed pest with mine at about 15'. It wasn't as tough as a snake, though. I used to bush hog an old lady's divided up 20 acres about 4x per year. I hated doing it! Field mice were going everywhere. I don't think I ever missed one up to 8'.

Put a shot on a piece of paper to see how it patterns. That will tell you the aprox. range you could kill a snake.

You lucky dog you. I have enjoyed a number of impractical and absurd items from the gun world.

It's a wonderful life......

Every time I see one of those in person a tingle goes up my leg !!!! I'm afraid of what might happen if I brought one of those home.

Armybrat

Buckeye
They are indeed very well made, like fine jewelry.
I also have an old standard Mini .22 magnum and a new Ranger II Breaktop (with upgraded grips):

022BEC52 0404 4E19 B03F 2EFA4B4F3274
968A174B A94E 402E 9531 D147B1B441FC

Last edited:

harley08

Single-Sixer
and I finally got one! :p I've wanted an NAA mini-revolver for 25 years, and recently found one that fit my budget. I specifically wanted an LR-only with the 1 1/8" barrel since I am doing some experimentation with modified 22 projectiles and wanted a firearm that would produce the absolute lowest velocities while still having rifling. Once the wind dies down below about 40 MPH here and the snow stops, I'll get it out to the range and figure out where it shoots. As a backup plan, I ordered a bullet trap today so I can shoot in my shop!
I have one and it came with a belt buckle - The gun fits in the belt buckle, push a button the gun drops into your hand!

many years ago when this type of revolver first came out they had a stainless steel 'swivel' and a neck chain, to wear around your neck,,,the bikers "lady" friends wore them around there necks, so it was NOT too far away, I recall 'ATF' or some such made them take the swivels and chains off....hhhhmmm it was the company before North American arms, I think they were out of Wyoming or Utah,,Freedom Arms??....wow that was some time ago. I still have one of the 22 magnums with the slightly longer barrel...was my passed friend Fred Price., Navy Seabee, attached to a Marine unit up near the DMZ., Dong Ha...rest n Peace Fred..........:cool:;)

Cholo

Staff member
↑ Yes, you can. No, you don't want to! I was deer scouting with my son when he was young. I was shooting LR's at a mud puddle with my Single Six and the shots were crazy wild. I punched out the empties and it had the mag. cylinder in it. In early '75 both cylinders were fluted. About 4 of the cases were split wide open.

Yes, they will chamber and fire, but there's no way I'd do it on purpose.

Latest posts