"I'm new!" Joe Dirt voice

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SingleFinRider

Bearcat
Hello folks, FL man here love Rugers and am not an expert whatsoever. I'm looking to read opinions and get some advice on everything Ruger. I recently purchased the Ruger 380 lcp Max after firing my buddy's and would appreciate some advice on the best defense ammunition for it. I have seen YouTube videos of it jamming with brass casing ammo and then I've seen video and comments saying they have never ran into that. I have read its the older style magazine that was causing this. I am also interested in purchasing a 9mm, I have considered the Ruger Max 9 but also like the Glock 19. I know this is the introduction so apologize for all the questions from the start, total noob and appreciate any and all advice!

Welcome aboard!
D56312A3-E550-4A8A-B696-8E2F9FEDA31F.gif

Actnbill

Single-Sixer
Welcome...

I use Sig Defense Ammo..... really great stuff.....
If you have a jamming problem with your Ruger LCP.... try a different ammo...if no luck, contact Ruger you can ship your pistol to them and they will fix it for free !!! They have the best service policy on the planet !!!

I can't speak to the Ruger Max 9..... but the Glock 19 is a Fabulous gun....that being said...it has no external safety or decocker....I've seen plenty of incidents where people ( including cops ) have shot themselves by accident with the Glocks

Welcome from another fellow Floridian!

I second the post above on Sig ammo, I think its called V-crown and has a more rounded shape bullet and seems to cycle well in 9mm rnds on firearms that I've had feeding issues with. I do have some for 380 that I need to try in my PPK as that jammed with another more cone shaped SD rnd which I think was Hornady brand.

timjulius1122

Bearcat
It's great to hear that you've had positive experiences with Sig V-Crown ammunition in 9mm rounds, particularly in firearms that had feeding issues. The rounded shape of the bullet seems to contribute to smoother cycling. It's definitely worth trying the Sig V-Crown ammo in your .380 PPK, especially if you had jams with a different brand's more cone-shaped self-defense round, possibly Hornady.