I'm an 80 year young new member.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

paljoee

Bearcat
I just joined the forum and wanted to get some feedback from other user members. I've been shooting guns for a number of years recreationally. I just purchased a Ruger Security 380. My weak hand grip help me decide on this model and so far its been enjoyable shooting it. I also purchased a S & W Shield EZ 9mm around the same time. I find the slide is easy to rack but I've found that the grip is not. I don't like the "safety" squeeze on the back of the grip. You really have to squeeze to get it to fire. I'm looking at a Walther CCP M2 9mm. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone have any owb holster recommendations for Ruger Security 380?

Welcome to the forum!

FWIW, I have four right hand holsters (3 inside-the-waistband & 1 small-of-the-back) that fit my Security 380, and all were designed for other handguns:

Bianchi Model 100 Professional 19234 (for Beretta 8040, Glock 19/23/ etc.)
Blackhawk Leather Inside-The-Pants Size 34 (for Springfield XDS 3.3)
DeSantis 106 B6 (forgot what it's for ;^)
Don Hume NO. 37-97 (small-of-the-back holster for Ruger P94)

The Blackhawk fits well - I got mine for under $5 on sale last Thanksgiving.
:)

Welcome aboard!
51DA257F-2035-4537-99C4-FE048A91A20D.gif

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
Welcome to the group and Happy Birthday.

I too have the S&W EZ 9 and I know what you mean. It's easy for me to load and rack but is difficult with the grip safety. I have learned to live with it.

I make my own holsters so I can't help you there.

KIR

Sparks, NV
Congrats on making it to 80. I turned 80 last May. Welcome from Sparks, NV. Other than my S&W MP 15 Sport II, not familiar with any other S&W products, nor Walthar's. I used to carry a 1911 in the early sixties but couldn't tell you much about it as I really did not start paying attention to firearms until 2K. I was interested in getting at least one firearm for calibers that interested me. I found the 1911 too heavy, large and unwieldy and purchased a Ruger KP345, lighter narrower and fit my hand easier, even my wife liked it. A Benelli M2 Tactical, levers by Henry and Winchester, a couple of Single Six convertibles by Ruger and several others which are slowly ending up in my two sons' hands which they would have done eventually anyway. As for holsters, I bought one horsehide holster for my LCP, but the rest are Kydex, but rarely use as I usally go out to the desert to shoot and the firearms are either carried in their original carrying cases or bags. Good shootin' to ya and STAY SAFE!

jspick

Bearcat
My son really likes his Walther CCP M2. He tried several different guns before his made his decision. I bought one of his rejects. A Springfield XDS. I really liked that gun. It was very accurate, but it was a 40 S&W.

paljoee

Bearcat
Welcome to the group and Happy Birthday.

I too have the S&W EZ 9 and I know what you mean. It's easy for me to load and rack but is difficult with the grip safety. I have learned to live with it.

I make my own holsters so I can't help you there.
I decided to get rid of it and I just sold my S&W EZ9 at a local gun store. I have a Walther CCP M2 9mm on order. Ordered it from Guns.com. First time using this online sight. Should be delivered to my local gun store.

Actnbill

Single-Sixer
Welcome from NH young man !!!!! Glad to have you here....

Would like to hear how you like your new Walther when you get it.....Lot's of great 9mm's out there...( I'm not a big fan of S&W either )