IBOK for GP100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Iowegan: Thank you so much! I received the GP100 pdf this morning. Very useful information. You do this forum wonders.

Here is a general question, what is a good polishing compound to use. I've read on some thread, somebody used toothpaste and I'm sure there are other home remedies, but, is there a particular brand of polishing compound? Is the polishing compound applied with old tooth brushes or old cotton t-shirts? I know this sounds like an elementary question, but I want to get it right the first time. Most of my experiences is working with wood, not metal.

Does anybody have any success stories out there?

Again, Iowegan, thank you for the insightful reference.

john1911

Bearcat
Iowegan":4f2496rb said:
SMP, Thanks!

John1911, It's a book I wrote about the GP-100 that will guide you through disassembly, smoothing the action, and reassembly. It also works quite well for the SP-101, Security-Six, and Super Redhawk because they are all very similar in design. The Iowegan Book of Knowledge (IBOK) is free for the asking. Just send me an email and I'll reply with the IBOK attached. I wrote one for the MK Series 22 pistols too.

Thanks.

E-mail sent.

Yellowtail

Bearcat
Iowegan":3bom84r5 said:
SMP, Thanks!

John1911, It's a book I wrote about the GP-100 that will guide you through disassembly, smoothing the action, and reassembly. It also works quite well for the SP-101, Security-Six, and Super Redhawk because they are all very similar in design. The Iowegan Book of Knowledge (IBOK) is free for the asking. Just send me an email and I'll reply with the IBOK attached. I wrote one for the MK Series 22 pistols too.

That sounds great. E-mail sent as well.

daisyslider

Bearcat
Can someone please send me the pdf file on the above? My truck driver brother was on this forum the other day and asks me daily if I have asked for this copy.

Thanks much[/list]

daisyslider

Bearcat
Iowegan - THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!
You were fast with that response re: IBOK. I am going to call my brother now.

Happy Holidays!!!

dogkinkead

Bearcat
Iowegan
Tried sending you an email requesting the MK series IBOK but my system said it didn't go through. Can you try from your end when you get the chance?
Thanks,
Dogkinkead

Vero1

Bearcat
Many thanks for your time and info. Been a long time since I busted one of these puppies apart, nice to have a reference to check.

GP100_PutnamNY

Bearcat
Thanks very much Iowegan....Jeez....Ruger should pay you for the rights to your publication and include it with their product. It's incredibly comprehensive and extremely helpful for understanding how everything works!

Happy holidays and thanks again!

gink595

Bearcat
Iowegan,
I also sending a e-mail but couldn't achieve anything worth while, but i would appreciate if you also e-mail a copy of your work. email is [email protected] I'm not sure how the emailing thing works on this site yet so sorry in advance

gp100dlc

Bearcat
Iowegan":399efvyp said:
SMP, Thanks!

Hi Iowegan(Gary),
Thank you so much for the fast reply with your attached pdf for me to download on your IBOK on the GP-100.
Very detailed and helpful,
Happy Holidays!
Gp100dlc(Dennis)